No announcement yet.

Green Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again...LNG is the greenest energy available and we have enough to power the World. Wind and solar dont have a chance of competing on a level playing field.

Comment

The U.S. Gubmint does not belong in business of any kind. PERIOD.

As for defense spending, that is one of the few cornerstones the Gubmint is actually taxed with handling. If you have a problem with the wasteful spending then, address that separately. No one subsidizes my business because people want what I produce. If they didn't, I would fail as wind/solar should.

The argument of, "throw more money at it and it will succeed" is liberal trickery. Like our education system or the War on Poverty. Those are resounding Gubmint success stories, aren't they?!? Not hardly. If you want to spend your money on wind/solar, write the check but leave me out of it.

Comment

Ethanol. Another bad idea.

Comment

Thank you...yet they are fighting it tooth & nail.

You should see all the anti LNG signs all over the tip of Texas...if we could get this export going in the Brownsville ship channel, it would be a huge boom for our economy, but it's all doom & gloom, the evil petroleum companies want to ruin our eco system, terrorists will blow it up, etc.

I grew up in the Lower Laguna Madre and love the place...I knew the shrimp farms would have an adverse reaction, but not kill it. Turning natural gas into LNG for export is not going to contaminate the area. The clean burn engines that run off the same gas they are moving are remarkable. Be better off trying to keep the diesel big rigs out of the area.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Once again...LNG is the greenest energy available and we have enough to power the World. Wind and solar dont have a chance of competing on a level playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
            You doubted the 25% and asked for a link to the data. I provided a link to the data. Nice pivot.

I previously posted that Germany has achieved 35% renewable generation while maintaining strong economic growth. I have not suggested the US is capable of achieving similar renewable generation. Nevertheless, every short and long term forecast I've seen shows continued renewable growth at the expense of coal, which I view as a major positive.

Again, when coal and natural gas are made to absorb the cost of greenhouse gas and other emissions, I'll reconsider my opinion on renewable subsidies. I am hopeful that the ideas put forth earlier this year by a group of Republican statesmen who served in the Reagan and Bush administrations will eventually gain traction.

The Republican Carbon Tax Is Republican, Say Republicans
            There’s just one problem: other Republicans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...x-okay/516048/
            Serious questions.
            1. Are you the Texansfan to alt energy? Do you in any way make money off this?

2. So can you prove that Germany's economy would not have been even stronger without spending all that money on alt energy? Or are you saying it's ok to blow countless billions of taxpayer money as long as we/they can afford it at the moment?

3. What do you mean in the second bolded part? And do you have any idea how much money oil and coal companies already pay to just about every government agency that exists? The 39 cent tax at the pump is just the final tax the consumer pays. I bet gas would be under $1 if the oil companies were not slammed with every tax imaginable. Do you know what they pay just to start drilling?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
              I already know that answer. Because it costs too **** much! I had estimates done for wind power and solar. They get you with the "only 5000 dollar investment". Then when they finish, it's 15,000 min. To power half a house. 20,000 is more realistic. My light bill is 150. A month. Why would I invest 15,000 into a system with a life span of 10 years when I can get dependable electricity cheaper now? It's a no brainer.
              Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              The number of Americans who have installed rooftop solar and are selling surplus power back to the grid via net metering is somewhere around 1 million and rising. Unfortunately, Texas is one of the few remaining states that does not allow this.
              Look and listen real carefully... I mean go real slow here.

If people could really buy solar AND it make or save them money.. THEY WOULD DO IT! Is that hard to understand?

And BTW - Sure 1 million have put solar on their roof. Because and only because of government subsidy. This topic is really not hard to grasp.

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I believe he is quoting some of the sales brochures handed out by the solar guys that walk around the neighborhoods. I have a client who needed to up her insurance to cover all the panels they installed on her house. She spent 50k for solar install and foam in her attic. They told her she would save 150 a month on her electric bill and might even sell some surplus back to the grid.
              Sure felt bad for her
              She only has to save that $150/ month for 30 years to break even. That's assuming her 50k was in a bank making zero interest LOL. And you know repairs will be needed every 5-10 years. I'm sure thats cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Look and listen real carefully... I mean go real slow here.

If people could really buy solar AND it make or save them money.. THEY WOULD DO IT! Is that hard to understand?

And BTW - Sure 1 million have put solar on their roof. Because and only because of government subsidy. This topic is really not hard to grasp.

She only has to save that $150/ month for 30 years to break even. That's assuming her 50k was in a bank making zero interest LOL. And you know repairs will be needed every 5-10 years. I'm sure thats cheap.

Those panels won't last that long. Neither will the batteries. 20 years tops, 15 years effective. So that savings is null and void, not to mention the increase in homeowners insurance. She could stay hooked to public electricity, and not have to worry about any of that, or go in the hole and feel good about saving the planet. Hope she don't ask about what those panels and old batteries cost to process.

Comment

Vermin.... Strange cookie.

I say Drill Drill Drill. I need to make some dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                    look and listen real carefully... I mean go real slow here.

If people could really buy solar and it make or save them money.. They would do it! Is that hard to understand?

And btw - sure 1 million have put solar on their roof. Because and only because of government subsidy. This topic is really not hard to grasp.

She only has to save that $150/ month for 30 years to break even. That's assuming her 50k was in a bank making zero interest lol. And you know repairs will be needed every 5-10 years. I'm sure thats cheap.
                    ka-frickin-booooom!!

Comment

Working...
                    X