Best Hunt Yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Hunt Yet!

No I did not shoot anything, but having a doe ten yards from me was a huge rush. I was sitting on the ground 20 feet yards from a feeder where I had cut me a hole in the brush. Was watching 2 does and their yearlings, decided if either one of the bigger does gave me an opportunity I was shooting. One got about 10 yards from me to my left, but there was a cedar tree that I had not trimmed any branches from because I thought I would be too exposed. Watched them for over 30 minutes and did not get a shot opportunity that I liked before they left. About an hour later had a 2.5 year old 8 pointer come out about 35 yards from me and that was a thrill too even though he was to far away to shoot. Don't care what anybody says, but hunting from the ground with a long bow is the best high you can ever have. I considered it a very successful hunt. Still looking for that first traditional harvest.

I know what you mean! I had a long spike at 10yds in the "Dead Deer Position" this evening. Only problem was there was a raggy little 7pt standing right brhind him and I could not shoot! That spike does not know it, but that 7pt saved his life!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 11-10-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

That's the deal, you got it. Good luck on your trad Journey

Comment

A lot of my successful hunts don't have any kills involved. Thats what its all about there.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Finally got to loose an arrow out of my longbow at a spike tonight. My heart was beating faster then when I shot my 180" buck with a rifle. Ducked the string but it was still awesome. Hooked for life without a doubt now. Good luck on future sits!

Comment

Awesome, that's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by BtechDestroyer View Post
                A lot of my successful hunts don't have any kills involved. Thats what its all about there.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by BtechDestroyer View Post
                  X2

Double post.Thought it was stuck, sorry

Comment

That's what its all about. Hang in there and you'll get your first.

Comment

Sounds great! Watching the world go by so to speak can be very satisfying, some quail used to entertain me and still can't explain why they gave me such enjoyment.

Comment

My favorite style of hunting doesn't involve feeders. I like to go find a likely spot and find some tall cactus or maybe juniper for cover. Wind is a factor that works great at times and not so great at others. I probably get busted as much as not, but when things work out there will be deer nearly in my lap. I get a thrill out of it even if I can't draw my bow because doing so would be futile.

Comment

guys , i am new here , not to readin, but posting , etc. i realize using this time to introduce myself is probably not proper etiquette , but being as computer illiterate as i am , this is what i came up with . thanks for bearing with me , and God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                            guys , i am new here , not to readin, but posting , etc. i realize using this time to introduce myself is probably not proper etiquette , but being as computer illiterate as i am , this is what i came up with . thanks for bearing with me , and God Bless
                            No problem spidermonkey!

And welcome to the fire!

You should start a new thread in the trad forum to introduce yourself so everybody will see it!

That is a nice buck in your avatar; but you should redo it with it right side up!

Bisch

Comment

Bisch , i tried to rotate it , but I am obviously not smart enough ! I did the edit avatar pic , etc. , but no luck . Maybe pic is wrong size , dunno , anyway thanks for the welcome and information.

Comment

Working...
                              X