Robertson County?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robertson County?

Has anyone ever hunted the Robertson County public land? I just discovered it and havent gone out there yet, it looks to be ok, but not that big.

It's not very big and the last time I was there people were roaming all over it like sheep alot of people!

Comment

my rig drills all around that place. it is a little over 1000 acres. Bowhunting during the week isnt crowded but other times it is. My buddy missed a spike in there last week. Seen a nice buck going in there from the highway bout month ago.

Comment

I hunted there last year and it was crowded. You really have to walk about two to tree miles in to get away. good luck

Comment

Is this the one off of Hwy 7?

I hunted a lease that borderd it. both bucks I shot came from that area. Heard them just the fence.

Comment

yes its the one off hwy 7. I have been seeing two nice bucks across 7 from the entrance. They will venture over there i bet.

Comment

The lease I was on was about a 1/2 mile, maybe less from the entrance. I thunted an old beaver pond right next to the type 2 area. Saw a bunch of deer.

Comment

I have hunted that area for a few years. during bow season it isn't that bad. gun season I had a guy walk right up on me. there are two ways onto the property. I shot my first buck out there. there is a lot of land to hunt out there the deeper you get the less likely you'll see someone. it is a pain to drag a deer out of that place though.

I haven't hunted out there in about 5 years. so i don't know how much is has changed. I might check out it when i get back from Iraq.

I hope yall are having a good season.

Comment

where have yall found is the best place to set up?? im thinking about going out there in a week or two

Comment

I wnet out today for the first time only one other hunter out there. I saw 3 doe walking back to my car. How far can we drive out there? He drove all the wat to the back, I stopped at the cattle gard and walked in.

Comment

Robertson County Unit 607 map

Here you go.

tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/lands/table_contents/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0112a_607.pdf

Good luck - let us know how you do.
                      Last edited by Bucket65; 12-29-2009, 03:12 PM. Reason: correct title

Comment

is public land safe to hunt mostly?

Comment

Do they allow hand feeding corn ?

Comment

I was hunting there last year during gun season, and after getting there about an hour and a half before dawn and hiking a mile into the lands in the cold rain, a guy came driving up about 30 minutes after sunup in his truck and drove all the way past me to the far fenceline. Then two guys got out and walked back past me, talking and laughing loud enough to scare away every deer in the county. After freezing my butt off for another hour or so, I finally walked back out of the lease. Wouldn't you know it? After I loaded my stuff in the car and was driving out, I saw three deer within 50 feet of the entrance. I'll probably go back, but only during archery season, when the hunters seem a little more respectful of others.

Comment

gigem AGGIES grew up in bryan went every bon fire

Comment

Working...
                              X