No announcement yet.

Texas rising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it has been stated in just about all of the other threads that the series is a purely fictional interpretation. Made to fill a time slot. Take it for what it is.

Comment

It makes Lonesome Dove that much better, as it stands the test of time as a series. It helps they actually filmed it in, you know, Texas. Unlike this piece of garbage.

Comment

Gosh this show is bad. Bill Paxton is doing a horrible job. You can't just take a bunch of big name actors and through them together and expect it to be great.

The whole tone of the show is ridiculous. This was a time of terror for pretty much everyone in TX, yet they make it seem like it's a fun family adventure.

And for the love of everything good, why does Hollywood seem to think all of TX looks like west Tx?

Comment

Just a little trivia, Bill Paxton is actually a distant descendent of Sam Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            Just a little trivia, Bill Paxton is actually a distant descendent of Sam Houston.
            If you trace things through Adam and Eve then we all are.

I know he's a descendent of Benjamin Sharp and General Elisha Paxton, haven't heard a relation to Sam Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              more of a cousin than a descendent... still distant kin just not direct..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                more of a cousin than a descendent... still distant kin just not direct..
                Yeah not sure how all that works so that's why I said distant.

Second cousins four times removed or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Gosh this show is bad. Bill Paxton is doing a horrible job. You can't just take a bunch of big name actors and through them together and expect it to be great.

The whole tone of the show is ridiculous. This was a time of terror for pretty much everyone in TX, yet they make it seem like it's a fun family adventure.

And for the love of everything good, why does Hollywood seem to think all of TX looks like west Tx?
                  Cus west texas is awesome

Comment

Im watching the first one. Its terrible. The acting is gross

Comment

After watching this I'm ready to move back and see all of the pretty bluffs and mountains all over Texas. And I'm surprise how fast all of the pines grew around Nac, cuz I didn't see them in the show

Comment

Yea it's weird. That's too bad.

Comment

this movie is retarded.....

Comment

The show is ok especially since there is not much else on. However I would agree that the scenery is a little out there for Gonzales Texas.

Comment

They filmed this in Mexico because it was as close to depicting Texas back in the 1800's as they could get without building mega sets. Apparently they didn't fool Justin's keen eye.

I haven't watched it yet so don't spoil it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                                Don't yall think they could get a little more realistic with the scenery?

Gonzales looks nothing like they showed. Not even close.
                                Wife and I said the same thing the second we saw "Gonzales".

Unfortunately I had to turn it off... the whole thing is pretty darn bad.
                                Last edited by TxSportsman; 05-27-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X