Shelby Co. lease prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelby Co. lease prices?

Looking for help from someone who knows what lease prices are currently going for in Shelby Co. My MIL is settling estate and will receive 140 acres about 10 miles SE of Shelbyville. It is surrounded by National Forest except for approximately 100 yards on the southwest corner where it joins another private tract that appears to be about the same size. I know nothing about quantity or quality of game on the place or what has been taken off it in the past, although I do know that it has been hunted. Aerial view shows a couple of deerstands and a couple of travel trailers on the place used as a hunters camp, but we have no idea who leased it or how much they paid. I am assuming it would probably be for two people or families, based on the size. Two dry/seasonal creeks run through the place, and it is heavily timbered-mostly pine but some hardwoods too. I am trying to help my MIL determine what kind of income she could expect from it for the hunting and also trying to see what would be a fair offer for her if I decided to lease it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ttt...looking for help!

Comment

sorry no help but a free bump

Comment

I would say $1500

Comment

6.00 acre is probably the average for the area

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
            I would say $1500
            Thanks, that was about what I was thinking. I am going to see the property on Friday, so I should know more about it. If MIL wants to lease it, I probably will post it here.

Comment

160 acres isn't much land for more than say a father son combo. Best advise I can give would be to find someone who's willing to help maintain your roads (they grow over pretty quick) and take care of the property for you for say $1,000 you'll have a win win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by MTaylor View Post
                6.00 acre is probably the average for the area
                Tops $7.00 per acre...good luck getting $10 though, hope you do

Comment

Working...
                X