Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake bite victims?

Has anyone ever been bitten by a snake?

been bitten by many a snake when young and dumb..just thankfully never a poisonous one..but they all hurt

Comment

No and don't want to!

Comment

yes, it is not fun

Comment

many times by the non-lethal kind....comes with the territory. Been catching them since I was a kid and not always fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddogss View Post
            been bitten by many a snake when young and dumb..just thankfully never a poisonous one
            X2

My brother was bitten on the foot by a copperhead when he was 5. He recovered just fine after a week or 2.

Comment

Copperhead on the leg when I was 9 or 10. Doctor visit. Next day back to picking Dewberries.
              LOL

Comment

the real question is how many have been bitten by a snake and did the snake die?

Comment

Twice, one by a rattle bug, one by a king. Hurts like a sum buck! That's what I get for playin' around with 'em.

Why did you get bit?

Comment

A whole bunch of times when I was younger........I loved to catch those snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by BpsDaddy View Post
                      Twice, one by a rattle bug, one by a king. Hurts like a sum buck! That's what I get for playin' around with 'em.

Why did you get bit?
                      No I did not get bitten. I was just curious. I am just kind of wondering why so many people are scared of them.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                        No I did not get bitten. I was just curious. I am just kind of wondering why so many people are scared of them.
                        Because they bite!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                          Because they bite!
                          LOL. So does everything else.

Comment

Anyone see the show 'Bitten' or something to that affect??

They were showing pics and stories (last night) of real bad snake bites, along with a brown recluse....thought I was going to loose my dinner.

My young son said he's not sure he wants to go back out to the ranch after seeing that guys arm split up the side to heal after the dummy got hit by the rattler.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Anyone see the show 'Bitten' or something to that affect??

They were showing pics and stories (last night) of real bad snake bites, along with a brown recluse....thought I was going to loose my dinner.

My young son said he's not sure he wants to go back out to the ranch after seeing that guys arm split up the side to heal after the dummy got hit by the rattler.
                              Yes i watched it. It was pretty nasty. I got bit by a rattle bug in Cotulla in 2001. It was december and we just went into town to get some groceries. I did not have on snake boots and I shot a rabbit on the way back into the ranch. Well the rabbit died on the other side of a small brushpile. Insted of just walking around the brush pile, I walked through it. When i stepped down in the middel of it I felt it and it felt like my leg was on fire. I fell down immediately and it was definatley the worst pain i have been in my entire life. One hospital visit and ad few days later i started to get around again. The skin in my ankle area is still discolored to this day.

Comment

Working...
                              X