No announcement yet.

Lookin for Hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuzins8, why don't you email huntxtrm and invite him over for a hog hunt?!!

Comment

If you do not mind a drive, try Alazan WMA. I hunted there a LOT during college (between Nacogdoches and Lufkin) and the place is overrun with pork!

Comment

I've heard that Navarro Mills Lake (which is not far from you HuntTxTrm) has the highest concentration of hogs in the state. It's an Army Corp of Engineers lake just a bit east of Hillsboro. I've been meaning to check it out myself in the very near future (before the snakes get active!) as I'd not only enjoy extending my hunting time, I'd really love to get some good video of hogs and possilby hog hunting.

Comment

I just looked up Navarro Mills...looks like they haven't updated their website. I am going to call them tomorrow. Is there interest in getting together for a group hog hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Fig View Post
            I just looked up Navarro Mills...looks like they haven't updated their website. I am going to call them tomorrow. Is there interest in getting together for a group hog hunt?
            Yep! Just tell me what I need to hunt there and when.

Comment

I've heard that Navarro Mills Lake (which is not far from you HuntTxTrm) has the highest concentration of hogs in the state. It's an Army Corp of Engineers lake just a bit east of Hillsboro. I've been meaning to check it out myself in the very near future (before the snakes get active!) as I'd not only enjoy extending my hunting time, I'd really love to get some good video of hogs and possilby hog hunting.
              You hit the nail on the head, I live 20 minutes from the pelham boat ramp on navarro mills. They are currently having severe problems with hogs there are so many of them, they have actually started allowing registered hunters to put out hog traps, you can only bait with diesel soaked corn so you don't catch any deer (there are very very few deer in the area but they still do this as a safety precaution). I haven't registered this year but we did last year so we could duck hunt out there, all you have to do is go to the corp of engineers office off hwy 31 behind the dam to get a free permit. Hunting may be done with a shotgun or archery equiptment only. Heres a link to the website.

Last edited by boss bowman; 01-22-2007, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hey BBinford, give me a holler if you want to give Somerville a try. I'm new to this gig, but would like a nearby hunt like that! Maybe we could talk Hog Hunter into "guiding" us.

And Fig, I see you are trying to line up another hunt...Navarro sounds good too!

Comment

Is anyone up for a hunt at Sommerville this weekend? I've been given a kitchen pass and would like to see if I can finally get something with my bow. I'm open for most places withing a couple of hours from Houston.

Comment

Working...
                  X