New rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rifle

Picked up a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor today! Excited about trying some long range shooting. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a range finder and some ammo and starts shooting! There are online apps that you can get your dope from and you should be very close to hitting your targets, I use Ballistic AE I have the mobile app but it cost around 20$. Lots of trigger time and keeping a log of field conditions, weather, wind, dope. It will come in handy.

Comment

Have the rangefinder and spotting scope! Ready for trigger time.

Comment

Yeah work on breathing and trigger pull. That's a sweet looking rig bet it shoots great. I've been wanting to get one but already have a LR 260 rig. What scope did you put on it?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I like it! Did you find it on a shelf or did you have to order it and wait?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Yeah work on breathing and trigger pull. That's a sweet looking rig bet it shoots great. I've been wanting to get one but already have a LR 260 rig. What scope did you put on it?
                I had a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 that I have on it for now. Its for sale and then I am looking at getting a Leupold. Any suggestions for the scope?

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                  I like it! Did you find it on a shelf or did you have to order it and wait?
                  Stumbled on it by accident. Went to a local gun shop to check on the possibility of building a 6.5 since I couldn't find any of the Ruger's in stock. He told me it was my lucky day. He had just ordered a bunch of shotgun shells and the rep said he qualified to buy one. So he took my name and number and called me yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                    I had a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 that I have on it for now. Its for sale and then I am looking at getting a Leupold. Any suggestions for the scope?

Leupold is making some pretty significant changes to several of their scopes. I would wait until shot show next week and see what they come out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Leupold is making some pretty significant changes to several of their scopes. I would wait until shot show next week and see what they come out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      That's what I keep hearing.

Comment

Man that's nice !

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                          Man that's nice !
                          Thanks.

Comment

Congrats. That's the one I want. Only about 2 months away.

Comment

I picked up a 6.5 this Christmas as well, can't wait to throw some lead down range.

Comment

Working...
                              X