Yes? No? Maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
    No for the above reasons. Get an internal mount meant for the purpose.
    I'm ok with the negative remarks, but barking orders like your my boss. I do have one question. When y'all go in the field do you keep your rifles in the case until its time to shoot? Not sure about y'all, but when I'm in the field dust is everywhere the little that might get on the rifle in that position would be the same as any mounted to the handle bars of a ATV or on a rack behind the seats of a UTV. I'm just not seeing the point of dust. In my eyes it's practical. Easy to access. Out of the way.
    Last edited by gatorpsd; 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorpsd View Post
      I'm ok with the negative remarks, but barking orders like your my boss. I'm going to do it now just because you can't handle it.
      I'm pretty sure Bill was not "barking orders". He was offering up an alternative. You asked. I say no, due to dust and it is not within arms reach.

Comment

I edited my original reaction as I thought it was childish.

Comment

I like shooting at pigs on the drive back after the hunt, that would make it more difficult. Also no I don't keep my rifle in a case when taking it in the field but I don't hold it out the window in the dust either.

Comment

Yeah not bad at all. Might change the gun out if you want to kill a pig

Comment

Looks OK to me - but I'd put it sideways (pointing forward on the drivers side) to make it easier to reach. Especially the barrel strap may be hard to get to quickly depending on how tall you are and how high your jeep is....

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                I like shooting at pigs on the drive back after the hunt, that would make it more difficult. Also no I don't keep my rifle in a case when taking it in the field but I don't hold it out the window in the dust either.
                I think he is comparing the DUST comments to folks riding to their deer blinds on a 4 wheeler strapped to their handle bars!

It seems it would be the same to me in terms of dust!

Manwitaplan

Comment

Originally posted by hunt n fish View Post
                  Cool only issue, what if its raining or something?
                  Don't you know it only rains in Texas once a decade! Not really. That's not funny.

Comment

I would not do it, I like my gun easily accessible.

But at the end of the day though it your truck, your gun do as you wish. If you like it go with it.

Comment

no, no, no. It would be my luck that someone would steel it while sitting at a red light!

Comment

go with the suregrip and mount it from the roll bar hanging down or forward/backward

Comment

Working...
                        X