G5 Montecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 Montecs

I just purchase two new sets of G5 Montecs and noticed that they are not sharp at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

pretty common. Just need to lay a stone to them and sharpen them up. They fly great and hold up very well with multiple kills on 1 broadhead.

Comment

Yes. They are good, strong heads. But generally lack in the blood trail dept. even when you do get em sharp. Not to say they wont kill.

Comment

make sure you didnt get the preseason ones? ive never had any that were dull out of the package but id recommend the stone

Comment

The CS that I bought would shave. very sharp. Like trjones87 said make sure that the one you bought does not say " preseason " on them.

Comment

my CS ones were razor sharp.. they fly the absolute best of any broadhead ive ever shot.. no blood trails though.. im changing to slick tricks next season.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am sure they are not preseason. I bought six of the several years ago and they are OK. I just bought six more recently and they were very dull. I took them back for a credit tonight and bought six exodus broad heads, they are very sharp.

Comment

I sharpen mine on a whet stone.

Comment

I 3rd that on little to no blood trail

Comment

Might want to look into G5 Strikers.

Comment

4th on no blood trails. Kills, but thankfully they all died in sight.

Edit: didn't realize I posted previously...lol

Comment

They are great broadhead i have had the same pack for atleast 3 yrs. and have killed many hog,coons and deer. They aren't the sharpest out of the box but they are the strongest for sure. I will use them as all as they make them.

Comment

I bought some the other day for pig shooting. Dull as could be out of the package and very poor blood trails.

Comment

Working...
                          X