how do i unstick a tractor clutch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i unstick a tractor clutch???

clutch is rusted to the flywheel,any ideas???

Sometimes you can pull the tractor with a chain and a truck and un stick it..

Comment

Hammer???

Comment

Jack up the rear end and put it safely on blocks. Get the rear wheels spinning and slam on the brakes. Might have to do it a couple of times but it should break the bond between the clutch and flywheel. Repeat: Safely on blocks. There is a lot of inertia with the rear wheels spinning and the tractor will want to move when you do this!

Comment

If you can get a disk hooked up start discing. Eventually the clutch will break loose. I have a New Holland that has this problem. To prevent it in the future wire the clutch pedal down. This will take the pressure off and keep it from sticking. Also parking under a shed will work.

Comment

Start it when in gear, rocking it, not taking off and running it but just enough to rock it then turn it off a few times unstuck mine. Ford mechanic told me that sometimes it will unstick it...it did. Beats paying $3000 to split the tractor to replace it and it has been running fine since. Happens when tractor isn't covered and lots of moisture in the air.

Comment

What size and model you talking about ????

Comment

Originally posted by drewjunr View Post
                Start it when in gear, rocking it, not taking off and running it but just enough to rock it then turn it off a few times unstuck mine. Ford mechanic told me that sometimes it will unstick it...it did. Beats paying $3000 to split the tractor to replace it and it has been running fine since. Happens when tractor isn't covered and lots of moisture in the air.
                This is what my dad did to his when it got stuck. Has been fine ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  What size and model you talking about ????
                  52 hp johndeer model 3010

Comment

Wire the pedal down so when it does break loose you will know it. We put on the brush hog and mowed the nastiest stuff we could find. Took about an acre of good size tallow trees to break it.

Comment

tried the starting in gear several times with no avail,to muddy to do anything else,sprayed wd-40 on it to try and bust it loose,any more ideas????

Comment

you may have just ruined the clutch disc with the wd40. Operating under heavy load should do the trick. Wait till it dries up a bit. Normally what Cheez recommeded will do the trick.

Comment

a stick of dynamite

Comment

I am having the same problem with my Zetor 3320, The petal will not release the clutch. SUCKS

Comment

still stuck,chained it to a tree today,just dug holes with the rear tires,thinkin ill try diskin next,not sure how ill back up to it and then get it rollin though

Comment

Working...
                              X