S.A. Best Mexican Food ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. Best Mexican Food ?

San Antonio locals. What's the best place for Mexican food in San Antonio, going to be in town for lunch tomorrow. Consider food, price, location, margarita's. Thanks.

Interested in the upcoming responses. I'm tired of going to the same places the hotels mention or just the ones near the river walk.

Comment

Me Terra's or how ever you spell it. Lol..

Comment

don pedro's on military drive, been going there for 40 yrs, and try rosario's located downtown caddy corner of roosevelt and presa

Comment

Lupita's off Culebra near 410 loop is my favorite hole in the wall. Open from 7am - 3pm.

Outstanding tacos and carne guisada

Comment

Chacho's is one of my favorites...

Comment

The food is ok at Ohlocos. But the senerary is very nice !!! It's like a Mexican Twin Peaks

Comment

There is a culebra meat market on rigsby near 410. The food is really good. During breakfast and lunch peak times you have to wait for a table. Best carne guisada in town.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

El chaparral in helotes.

Comment

Sol Luna,on Broadway..Unbelievable service,drinks,and food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a duplicate answer yet. Lol.

Comment

My favorite is Nicha's on Roosevelt. The town is big though, what area will be be visiting?

Comment

Don Pedros is pretty darn good and the owners Sepulveda family are good friends of mine

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            Sol Luna,on Broadway..Unbelievable service,drinks,and food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                            Fify...not real mexican food.

Comment

For Authenticate Mexican dining - not just TEXMEX, check out "La Fogata Mexican Cuisine" off of Vance Jackson.

It's a pretty cool Old Mexican Patio - Cocina\Cantina layout with semi-formal waiters. Service is excellent and many of the "well to do" locals dine here.

Photos of many of the visiting celebrities are on the wall - near the main building (cash register area). There's two sides to this place, with an open Saltillo tile patio between buildings. Open air and closed seating - garden, cooling foggers for outdoor cool dining in the shade. The front door to the patio, which leads into the main courtyard is an original door, from a true Mexican Missionary from the mid 1800s. The layout is identical to a classic Mexican Villa\Rancho.

I took a local San Antonio Senorita on a date here - she knows her Mexican culture...impressed the heck out of her!

Comment

Working...
                              X