Permission slips & Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permission slips & Shooting

Not sure of a good title or how to ask this question so here’s the thing I could use your help solving.

Several of us Adults at Church would like to take those youth that are interested in shooting to the range and or hunting.
    We’ve got a licensed instructor and a range.

It was suggested and recommended that we get a signed permission slip from each individual with a line for each thing granting or denying permission. Ie
    Y N Rifle
    Y N Pistol
    Y N Shotgun

Also allowing us to make decisions in case something bad happens...

Is there a form or some sort of legal thing that it should/shouldn’t include somewhere in Google land that I’ve missed....

Get you a million dollar umbrella policy. You’ll thank me later if something happens...

Comment

Maybe a lawyer to draft a slip and hold harmless agreement? But I doubt it would help if something bad were to happen. Take WCBs advice, and make it a million per participant.

Comment

Unfortunately WCB is right. It's a huge liability! Signing permission slips or waivers won't be worth the paper the are signed on if something goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Unfortunately WCB is right. It's a huge liability! Signing permission slips or waivers won't be worth the paper the are signed on if something goes wrong.

We were once given that same advice. We knew kids would to be at our house riding four wheelers, fishing, and just doing outdoor stuff.

We got the umbrella policy mentioned above.

Comment

Why not make a parent of the kid come along?

Comment

Umbrella policy and consult with an attny

Comment

The parents need to be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                  Why not make a parent of the kid come along?
                  This.

Comment

I’d have an attorney draft a waiver, in additional to taking out an umbrella or maybe doing this through a 501c3.

Comment

While I commend your intent the liability is huge. No release signed will hold up in court if the unimaginable happens. It could be as simple as a car wreck on the way to the range or a broken ankle.
                      Best to have the correct insurance.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Liability, Liability, Liability.....

Comment

Find a 501C3 that already has the liability insurance and hold harmless agreements and partner with them. It doesn't have to be a shooting specific organization just one that can cover you.

Comment

Working...
                            X