2017 Ford Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after doing a bit more research this is what I found:

" Contrary to what some have said, the Gen 2 Raptor will not be "just another model" such as the Lariat, or Platinum trim. I'm not sure if that rumor was started by some to keep some of the prestige with the current model, but just because it now falls under Ford Performance, and not SVT, doesn't mean it will change the way it's viewed. Ford still has this as an allocated vehicle, but there is no production limit. "

Guess the guys over at F150forum were wrong.

Autonation Katy has a few on their lot, doesn't seem like they're moving like the originals.

Comment

I'd already have one if you could get the 6 1/2 foot bed on 'em... I will never own another one of those little peanut 5 1/2 foot bed things again. The 6's are bad enough.

Comment

You can buy a standard f-150, and build your own version of raptor..... and I'm sure save a ton of money, of your warranty probably won't be there though.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have yall every looked at Fords military deal? They put a time line on veterans being able to use it, but allow people in DEP to use it?? People in DEP haven't even sworn in, I bet half of them don't even go into the military. I know like 10 guys I was in DEP with no showed on signing day..

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I think the stock ones at $80k are crazy expensive. What's the price on this one? $125k?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                I saw one yesterday and it was nice, had dual exhaust but sounded like one of those little cars with big mufflers. Just not right running a v6 in a pickup IMO.
                I don't mean to defend Ford. But, it's not just a V6, it's a twin turbo V-6 putting out more HP and TQ than the 2014 model with the 6.2L V8. I know, I know, there's not replacement for displacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Yep, but with a ton of extras as far as drivetrain, tranny and suspension. They are built basically like a Baja race truck.
                  I didn't know you raced Baja trucks!

99% of the people that buy the Raptors will NEVER use/benefit from those "extras".

Comment

They are a great looking truck, but I just couldn't take a $80K truck bouncing thru all the rocks, mud, mesquite trees, and cactus. Just doesn't make a lot of sense??

Comment

They are built nothing like a "Baja" truck.

DJ

Comment

They built as a prerunner truck, not meant to take whoops at 50+ mph or leap 15' in inthe air like the genius did on the YouTube video. I do honestly believe somebody could a more capable truck with the higher end suspension and aftermarket companies. Still very capable trucks though.

Comment

Major DB bait. Don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                            You can buy a standard f-150, and build your own version of raptor..... and I'm sure save a ton of money, of your warranty probably won't be there though.
                            Many have tried and for the price can't come close. You need fiberglass fenders front and rear, long travel suspension, longer axels, different motor just to name a few.

Heres a kit ready to go for a mere $22.7k http://www.rogueracing.com/conversio...conversion-kit

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
                              Major DB bait. Don't do it.

[emoji34]
                              Whatever DB!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                                [emoji34]
                                Whatever DB!
                                Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X