Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #151
waterdog
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

just 30 more days!
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #152
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Its kinda sad how Ohio St fans are defending Urban. Reasoning is if there is no conviction than no harm was caused. Sickening.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #153
Mayhem
Pope & Young
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mayhem is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 11:39 AM   #154
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

PRESEASON COACHES POLL

1 Alabama (61)
2 Clemson (3)
3 Ohio St (1)
4 UGA
5 OU
6 UW
7 Wisconsin
8 Miami
9 PSU
10 Auburn
11 ND
12 Michigan St
13 Stanford
14 Michigan
15 USC
16 TCU
17 VT
18 Miss St
19 FSU
20 WVU
21 Texas
22 Boise St
23 UCF
24 LSU
25 Ok St


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #155
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Coaches have the SEC and BIG as the top two conferences and the Big12 as the deepest league.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #156
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

4* OLB Christian Harris from Baton Rouge commits to the fightin jimbo fishers over Alabama.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #157
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Texas ranked again?
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #158
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
4* OLB Christian Harris from Baton Rouge commits to the fightin jimbo fishers over Alabama.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow . . That's quite an accomplishment . .
Sharecropper is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #159
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
Wow . . That's quite an accomplishment . .
First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #160
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

He will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #161
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Texas ranked again?
Sorta, but close enough to the bottom that it really doesn't matter.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #162
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
Really good pull. Hopefully Herman pulls Tufono away from USC and Washington on Monday.

Last edited by Chad C; 08-02-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #163
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
4* OLB Christian Harris from Baton Rouge commits to the fightin jimbo fishers over Alabama.
Good for Harris and he will fit in somewhere since he's an athlete that can play multiple positions. He plays WR and CB in high school as most schools were recruiting him at LB. LSU is stacked with 9 LB's on the roster and 2 committed for 2019. LSU offered Harris an H-back position on offense. Both cooled on each other over the last few months since the kid wants to play defense. ALA offered but I don't think it was committable otherwise Harris would have been in Tuscaloosa with many of his friends. ALA has the luxury of telling 4* kids "we want you, but wait until NSD to commit". Best thing for Harris was to commit now since A&M needs LB'ers bad. Spots are filling up quick as kids need to get on board (commit) before it's to late
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #164
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

LHN showing lots of little league World Series playoffs. While it deserves to be aired and certainly is worthy of attention, how am I supposed to make it through August without old Earl Campbell vs Arkansas replays?

Meanwhile we are reduced to talking about Urban Meyer's troubles.

Currently listening to Herman's press conference... maybe he will pause at a reporter's question and we can discuss that.
Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #165
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

First question to Herman is about Ohio state...

Apparently the goings on a theOSU were post Herman.

Second question is about the duty to report nonsense.

Third question is back to Ohio State...

Fourth question is about Texas football (the offense)

~Finally~

Ugh. Hopefully the rest of August is quick and quiet.
Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #166
44mAG
Ten Point
 
44mAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Buda, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Good for Harris and he will fit in somewhere since he's an athlete that can play multiple positions. He plays WR and CB in high school as most schools were recruiting him at LB. LSU is stacked with 9 LB's on the roster and 2 committed for 2019. LSU offered Harris an H-back position on offense. Both cooled on each other over the last few months since the kid wants to play defense. ALA offered but I don't think it was committable otherwise Harris would have been in Tuscaloosa with many of his friends. ALA has the luxury of telling 4* kids "we want you, but wait until NSD to commit". Best thing for Harris was to commit now since A&M needs LB'ers bad. Spots are filling up quick as kids need to get on board (commit) before it's to late
The Alabama offer was indeed very committable. In, fact, they pushed very hard this last week to get him signed. This has been confirmed by Alabama insiders including the guy below. The good news is, Jimbo is winning head to head battles with Bama and LSU for Texas kids. This has not been the case recently.

44mAG is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #167
Mudslinger
Pope & Young
 
Mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA
Default

Player mistreatment surfaces against Meyer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartandhp
Mudslinger is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #168
160class
Ten Point
 
160class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Helotes/College Station, TX
Hunt In: Catarina, TX
Default

He’s done^^
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #169
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Eaux vs. YouTube closed captioning

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-is-hilarious
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #170
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
LSU cooled on him. Lsu is pretty loaded at that position. He should be good whereever he goes.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #171
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
Jimbo and his staff make the previous bunch look like a bunch of amateurs at this recruiting stuff.
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #172
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Jimbo and his staff make the previous bunch look like a bunch of amateurs at this recruiting stuff.


Itís going to be interesting to see how much difference between Sumlin and Jimbo finish in the rankings over the years. I bet itís pretty close cause Sumlin recruited well. It has been said that this staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Coach O better lock down the boot!
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #173
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

A very telling bit of info from Herman today...

Tom Herman points out that this is the first time in five years that the UT offense will run the same offense in consecutive seasons. #HookEm

Iím ready to get back to the Texas Iím used to. Black shoes are back!
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #174
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
All lame smack attempts aside....

How the hell did we get to a point in society where so many men have no problem beating the tar out of a woman? Who are all these coward pricks, and what kind of sub humans were they raised by, that their brains can even compute punching a female in the face?? I just don't get it. You'd have to be the biggest **** on the planet to even talk yourself into such a thing...and most of these *******s do it repeatedly!!

This is one of those things that probably gnaws at me more than it should. I honestly believe they should just be shot in the head and thrown in a landfill. I have no use for trash like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's part of not publicly holding people accountable. If he was ostracized from him community. If he couldn't go anywhere without people turning their backs on him, then we would see change. But as long as it's a "private matter" to be handled in house, it will continue to be a problem.
Dave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #175
waterdog
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
A very telling bit of info from Herman today...

Tom Herman points out that this is the first time in five years that the UT offense will run the same offense in consecutive seasons. #HookEm

Iím ready to get back to the Texas Iím used to. Black shoes are back!
lol David McWilliams should have burned all the black cleats after the 91 Cotton Bowl !
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 07:30 PM   #176
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
lol David McWilliams should have burned all the black cleats after the 91 Cotton Bowl !
Ugh. Screw the U.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #177
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's part of not publicly holding people accountable. If he was ostracized from him community. If he couldn't go anywhere without people turning their backs on him, then we would see change. But as long as it's a "private matter" to be handled in house, it will continue to be a problem.
I have a good friend in Ohio who is a die hard fan. I posted on her FB and got drilled for calling out Meyer. Those fans are vicious. Unless there is a conviction and sentence no harm done. Forget the fact Meyers contract states he has to report any allegations of abuse. That doesn't matter
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #178
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I have a good friend in Ohio who is a die hard fan. I posted on her FB and got drilled for calling out Meyer. Those fans are vicious. Unless there is a conviction and sentence no harm done. Forget the fact Meyers contract states he has to report any allegations of abuse. That doesn't matter
This could get real ugly with a possible domino effect. Meyerís wife is also an employee of tOSU. She may have shared the victims experience, fears, and physical abuse with other employees at tOSU. If no one came fwd., they all stand the chance of facing termination under the Universityís domestic violence policy.

I could see tOSU cleaning house if emails, tweets, and testimony prove Meyer and others knew about the abuse and did nothing.

His own words from Sept. 2017 will come back to haunt him
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #179
ByronB
Ten Point
 
ByronB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I have a good friend in Ohio who is a die hard fan. I posted on her FB and got drilled for calling out Meyer. Those fans are vicious. Unless there is a conviction and sentence no harm done. Forget the fact Meyers contract states he has to report any allegations of abuse. That doesn't matter
I actually received the opposite reaction from one of my buddies who is a die-hard Ohio State fan. He said Meyer is finished and deserves it for lying about not knowing of the situation. Meyerí Wife would also be let go from the school as well....yes or no? She works for Ohio State also.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #180
flatlander
Ten Point
 
flatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Llano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Itís going to be interesting to see how much difference between Sumlin and Jimbo finish in the rankings over the years. I bet itís pretty close cause Sumlin recruited well. It has been said that this staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Coach O better lock down the boot!
Yes, Sumlin recruited well, but nobody in NCAA Football did less with more than Sumlin & Co. The biggest frustration as an Aggie fan was seeing the potential go to s### after the first 5-6 games every year. Watching the team give Alabama a game for the first half then fall to pieces, watching a QB go out of the shotgun at 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line.

I believe that with what he has at his disposal Jimbo will be able to make a mark. If he doesnít then itís nobodyís fault but his,..he has the best of everything. The Aggies made a move with Jimbo thatís almost as big as the move to the SEC. Itís time for things to move in a different direction time to make some noise.
flatlander is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #181
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
I actually received the opposite reaction from one of my buddies who is a die-hard Ohio State fan. He said Meyer is finished and deserves it for lying about not knowing of the situation. Meyerí Wife would also be let go from the school as well....yes or no? She works for Ohio State also.
I had one fan threaten to whip my *** for trying to get Meyers fired. Told him Meyers got his own *** fired . Crazy
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #182
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's part of not publicly holding people accountable. If he was ostracized from him community. If he couldn't go anywhere without people turning their backs on him, then we would see change. But as long as it's a "private matter" to be handled in house, it will continue to be a problem.


While that is true, this whole thing wreaks of a certain segment of society where this appears to be accepted behavior.

I can't think of any issue in the world that would get a mans *** kicked by so many people at once in my family. Booze, drugs, theft, atheism, denouncing chicken fried steak, or ordering a medium well steak...all would get you an *** whipping or two, and a few dog cussins. Laying a hand on a female would be the end of a man...RIGHT NOW, FOR GOOD!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #183
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
While that is true, this whole thing wreaks of a certain segment of society where this appears to be accepted behavior.

I can't think of any issue in the world that would get a mans *** kicked by so many people at once in my family. Booze, drugs, theft, atheism, denouncing chicken fried steak, or ordering a medium well steak...all would get you an *** whipping or two, and a few dog cussins. Laying a hand on a female would be the end of a man...RIGHT NOW, FOR GOOD!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thank you Dale.

If there is one thing that defines being a man, itís not laying hands on a woman. Ever.

Bob Stoops is rested and ready. Iíd find it a lot easier to be a fan if he accepted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #184
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post
Thank you Dale.

If there is one thing that defines being a man, it’s not laying hands on a woman. Ever.

Bob Stoops is rested and ready. I’d find it a lot easier to be a fan if he accepted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoops didn’t seem to mind having a player who knocked the hell out of a woman...
Rubi513 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #185
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Stoops didn’t seem to mind having a player who knocked the hell out of a woman...
But he came back and said he should have been harder on him, because "times had changed", as though it was ok for a "man" to break a woman's face a few years ago....un-real.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #186
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
While that is true, this whole thing wreaks of a certain segment of society where this appears to be accepted behavior.

I can't think of any issue in the world that would get a mans *** kicked by so many people at once in my family. Booze, drugs, theft, atheism, denouncing chicken fried steak, or ordering a medium well steak...all would get you an *** whipping or two, and a few dog cussins. Laying a hand on a female would be the end of a man...RIGHT NOW, FOR GOOD!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Need not, say more. Good stuff


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 PM   #187
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Georgia is tearing it up inside the ant bed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #188
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

I forgot Stoops had look-the-other-way issues as well.

Man, tough getting it done in the age of instant information. From politics, Hollywood to sports itís a tough row to hoe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #189
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
But he came back and said he should have been harder on him, because "times had changed", as though it was ok for a "man" to break a woman's face a few years ago....un-real.
Yeah, that was a little chicken sh*t.
He probably would have never said anything had the video not been released.
Rubi513 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 PM   #190
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Itís going to be interesting to see how much difference between Sumlin and Jimbo finish in the rankings over the years. I bet itís pretty close cause Sumlin recruited well. It has been said that this staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Coach O better lock down the boot!
Really..where does the coaching drop off from last year other than special teams? Jimbo wanted coaches that also could recruit. Time will tell but where am I wrong regarding coaching?:
Jimbo > sumlin > malzone
Elko >= Chavez
Turner and price
Don't know enough about the other coaches but can't be worse than moorehead for wr
Db coach?
I believe elko is coaching safeties
Dline should be good
Drop off maybe at lb coach?
Better at RB

Removing the dj from practice should help and the play calling and Chavis were to predictable last year. Sumlin wanted a more balance offense so he ran it up the gut nearly every first down and then again on second down.
JeffK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #191
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Really..where does the coaching drop off from last year other than special teams? Jimbo wanted coaches that also could recruit. Time will tell but where am I wrong regarding coaching?:

Jimbo > sumlin > malzone

Elko >= Chavez

Turner and price

Don't know enough about the other coaches but can't be worse than moorehead for wr

Db coach?

I believe elko is coaching safeties

Dline should be good

Drop off maybe at lb coach?

Better at RB



Removing the dj from practice should help and the play calling and Chavis were to predictable last year. Sumlin wanted a more balance offense so he ran it up the gut nearly every first down and then again on second down.


I wasnít talking about Sumlin vs Jimboís staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff wonít be to far ahead of Sumlinís recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #192
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default 2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
lol David McWilliams should have burned all the black cleats after the 91 Cotton Bowl !


Hell no...

Glad to see it back... one of my favorite combinations
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #193
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...-15-rifle.html

Even Mullen canít stay out of the news.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #194
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I wasn’t talking about Sumlin vs Jimbo’s staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff won’t be to far ahead of Sumlin’s recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.
Sumlin recruited ok, Jimbo will have top 10 classes.

2018 - Not counting since Sumlin / Jimbo combined (#17 though)
2017 - #13
2016 - #18
2015 - #11
2014 - #5
2013 - #9

Avg. #11.2

Sumlin dropped off the last 3 years (avg #14), and it's hard to contend in the SEC recruiting outside the top 10.

Jimbo SHOULD, and is expected to recruit better than Sumlin did, like his past record shows.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #195
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Sumlin recruited ok, Jimbo will have top 10 classes.

2018 - Not counting since Sumlin / Jimbo combined (#17 though)
2017 - #13
2016 - #18
2015 - #11
2014 - #5
2013 - #9

Avg. #11.2

Sumlin dropped off the last 3 years (avg #14), and it's hard to contend in the SEC recruiting outside the top 10.

Jimbo SHOULD, and is expected to recruit better than Sumlin did, like his past record shows.


My point being Sumlin average was 11.2. I bet Fisher’s average will be in the same ball park, maybe a few spots lower.

Last edited by Heath; 08-03-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #196
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I wasn’t talking about Sumlin vs Jimbo’s staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff won’t be to far ahead of Sumlin’s recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.
Oops..I thought you were talking about rankings after each season. Not for recruiting. But you did mention the staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Last edited by JeffK; 08-03-2018 at 08:26 AM.
JeffK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #197
RaginCagin
Ten Point
 
RaginCagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
First time I can remember we've gone into Louisiana and took a recruit over LSU / Alabama.

I guess you could say Speedy Noil, not sure if Bama was pushing though, but this guy attends HS on LSU campus at that University Lab they have, and plays CB / WR for his HS at 225#. Set a power clean record of 375#, basically he's a physical stud and hopefully will produce in the future.

Hopefully Jimbo can get some wins on the field and keep train rolling.
He no longer even had a committable offer from LSU. They backed off on him a long time ago. Not to say he isn't a good player but there are other positions of need they are looking at for players.
RaginCagin is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #198
Mayhem
Pope & Young
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: porter, tx
Hunt In: crockett, county
Default

It starts today.

This is my little boy when he was born 5 years ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mayhem is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #199
Legdog
Pope & Young
 
Legdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Default

Not college but interesting.





He has his work cut out for him as the team is 1-5. Good Luck Johnny!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #200
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

I am pumped for the first day of Fall camp.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com