Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You other old farts, what hearing aids are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You other old farts, what hearing aids are you using?

Is it a bad thing when the lady administering the hearing test is frowning while giving the test? Hearing is decent up to about 1500 hz and then falls off the table. I had suspected it. Hearing aids are definitely on the very near horizon. Just starting the process. What brands do you use? My ENT is suggesting the Oticon OPN, waiting on a reply from BCBS on insurance coverage before we get too far into the process.

huh?

Comment

Costco sold me my last two pairs. First ones were.good.til one.broke.and.were so old, no replacement parts available. Thinking I paid $1600/pair for the ones I have now.

Comment

Starkey

Comment

I went with custom and tuned for my hearing loss ITE Sport Ear a several years ago. Very pleased with service and turn-around. My only problem is I've no one else to listen to at home. And forget to put them in before leaving the house most of the time.

Comment

What was that TG?

Comment

I use the time tested variety. Cup my hand and say huh ? Especially if it's someone I don't want to listen to. ( I learned that last technique from my JRT, he's a master at not hearing what he don't wanna )

Comment

I thought the #1 desired thing for most old married men was hearing loss. I started suffering from selective hearing about 6 months into marriage and am now praying for full blown deafness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                  huh?
                  That’s funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    What was that TG?

I can still read! I ain't so old I'm blind, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I went with custom and tuned for my hearing loss ITE Sport Ear a several years ago. Very pleased with service and turn-around. My only problem is I've no one else to listen to at home. And forget to put them in before leaving the house most of the time.
                      I'm not seeing where the problem is there?!?

Comment

Wearing them since 22...so it aint an old fart thing. My hearing is so bad the digtals don't help...the Beltone I use is more for sound direction. I can tell you the Beltone office hours suck. 9 to 5....closed at lunch. ..not open on weekends. Something to think about

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                          I'm not seeing where the problem is there?!?

Memory of a GOF is the problem.

I keep forgetting to put them in.

Comment

I have the Rexton Inox hearing aids. I am at 65% hearing loss. These are not the high dollar hearing aids but work pretty good for me. Only complaint I have is loud background noises can over power what I am trying to hear sometimes. It is nice to be able to hear conversations again without going huh all the time. Still do sometimes though.

Comment

I'm not quite old enough for those, but would you mind using a bigger font when you type these things, please?

Comment

Working...
                              X