Thoughts on quivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on quivers?

Well I know I need to start using a quiver so rhat I'm used to it in whatever form I get. I think I'm going to avoid a bow quiver for now just because I've been shooting without one so far.

Thinking either a safari tuff arrowmaster or duiker. I like the side quiver design.
    Also found an old Pearson back quiver for relatively cheap.
    Worth spending a bit more for one of the safari tuffs (or other side quiver design)? Anyone have any experience with them in thick brush?

I'm a hip quiver fan. I have an old inexpensive one. I would like to get a different one that has two shaft grip deals instead of dulling my heads in the foam of the cover.

Comment

Thick cover and quivers=high look pressure and uncontrolled cussing fits. The most useful and easiest to work with is a homemade version of the G Fred Asbell quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
        Thick cover and quivers=high look pressure and uncontrolled cussing fits. The most useful and easiest to work with is a homemade version of the G Fred Asbell quiver.
        I can see you've been there before too!

Comment

I do not use a quiver on my bow. Most of my hunts are from blinds or tripods, and I just set the quiver down beside me once I get settled. If my main style of hunting was stalking, I would use a bow mounted quiver!!!!!

I have tried about all the different styles of side quivers for hunting, and have settled on 2; Farr West Leather belt hook and Great Northern Sidekick which has a shoulder strap.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I probably hunt differently than you, but I have been using a plains style quiver for a while now. It fits my style of hunting because I hunt "whatever" and carry an assortment of arrows. I have one smaller quiver of the same style attached to the same strap so I can keep broadheads separate from small game arrows.

Comment

My thoughts on quivers are that people spend way too much money on them. An old quicky quiver with a strap that goes over your shoulder is hard to beat for about 10 bucks. I have a few nicer leather quivers for 3d but that’s because I don’t go through brush and thorns at the club just the trail. When I hunt it can get thick and I just need something to carry arrows that won’t let me impale myself when fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quivers...I like back quivers. I sell any bow quivers asap if one comes with a bow that I buy or trade for. I tried one last fall and hated how the arrows were always bumping things and getting in the way.

Comment

I bought this GFA quiver a few years ago and I really like it. There are several ways you can wear it by adjusting the strap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gfa.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24534672

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    I do not use a quiver on my bow. Most of my hunts are from blinds or tripods, and I just set the quiver down beside me once I get settled. If my main style of hunting was stalking, I would use a bow mounted quiver!!!!!

Bisch
                    It is funny you said that. As I would watch you or Brian stalk some javis through my binos... I couldn't help but notice how annoying it must have been moving your side quiver around so much while navigating through the brush. I would think to myself "yep that is why I like having it on the bow". I only had one thing to snake through the brush.

I will admit that there are definite cons to a bow quiver and pros to others, but I find that in a tripod, where I might not have a nearby sturdy limb to hang a quiver on, having it all on my bow, which I am holding across my lap, etc works out well.

In a ground blind, or a tree stand with hooks, I agree; would be nice to take it off.

Comment

Bow quiver for me! Tried them all and always go back, sometimes you need a second or third arrow

Comment

I would use a bow quiver if they had two shaft grip style models. The foam inserts do not hold a broadhead well and it dulls them.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a GN on my longbow, which Bob recommended and I like it. I have a 3R Mini Boa on my recurve and I like it as well. I really wanted to switch to a side or backpack quiver so I would have a little pouch to hold all of my incidentals such as tab, gloves, facemask, etc. but I tuned my arrows with the quiver on my bow and it feels different without it. I may go that route someday though. I have a Cat Quiver 2 or 3 (cant remember) and a Arrowmaster Duiker. Also have an old hip style quiver that I have never actually used. Most all of my hunting is out of ground blinds, tripods and tree stands.

Comment

I've been using this for a while. Since this picture was taken, I've moved the quiver attachment to the straps, rather than the flap of the pouch..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X