leather for quiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leather for quiver

I am wondering if anyone has any leather they would like to get rid of or know where to get some... I am wanting to make my own quiver....Thanks

diamond,I made my two quivers out of deer hides that I tanned myself,one with hair outside and one with hair to the inside.They are nothing fancy,but I sure seem to get alot of complements.

Comment

I got a piece of leather from Tandy that I was going to make a bolt bag out of when I was hanging iron and just never got around to.
      I made a quiver out of it. I laced it up with my boot thongs from when I rode barebacks.
      I still need a shoulder strap and a bottom in it.

So, what I'm saying is, try Tandy Leather.

Comment

You also might check with a local taxidermist. I had one give me the back parts of elk hide that wasn't used in a shoulder mount...just soaked it in water to soften it up and punched holes in it to lace up with leather boot laces....I think if I remember right I wrapped wet hide around 4 inch pvc pipe.......Like BK said check with Leather Factory they will have everything you will need...I got the plans from Trad Gang web site............Andy

Comment

We've got "Trigg Leather" here in San Angelo. They have a large selection of leather to choose from. Some good stuff and some lower priced scraps.

Where are you located?

Comment

I go to Tandy here in Austin. You can catch it on sell sometimes it just depends on the quality and the thickness (oz). I will buy double shoulders for small stuff or a side for something big. 8 to 9 oz

Comment

I am in Jefferson and we have no Tandy around here...

Comment

Working...
              X