Chevy Silverado 4x4 or Toyota Tundra 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    The dead 12v outlets when the truck is off and no underseat storage in the back turned me away from the Tundra.
    Power outlet issues seems to be the norm with non domestic. Wife's infinity is same way. No automatic headlights on the Tundra (SR5) is annoying as well. That may have changed after '16 though. Besides that, the Tundra a quality truck as far as 1/2 tons go.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
      did you get a black one?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
        Power outlet issues seems to be the norm with non domestic. Wife's infinity is same way. No automatic headlights on the Tundra (SR5) is annoying as well. That may have changed after '16 though. Besides that, the Tundra a quality truck as far as 1/2 tons go.
        I was seriously considering a Tundra until I discovered those 2 things.

The bed is too short to put a tool box in these trucks so under the rear seat is where all my stuff goes. Tow strap, small tool kit, first aid kit, etc. It is a big deal to me.

Comment

The Toyota gets tons of love. They're great trucks evidently... I just cant get over the look of them. Call me crazy but I don't like them at all. I know its not the most important factor when deciding but I just couldn't do it when buying last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
            Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            so the old saying is right about not going back

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
              so the old saying is right about not going back
              You got me.

Comment

GM all day long. They are the #1 selling half ton truck for a reason.

LOL at Toyota. The only way I would drive one is if the other option was a POS Ford.

Comment

Never owned a chevy but I love my tundra. Not the best gas mileage but about the same as I got in my ford so no biggie there. Lots of power and is built solid. Get you a 3/1 leveling kit and maybe slip a little bigger tire ( that's what I did) and I've had several people say to me " I didn't know Toyota made a 3/4 ton". Drives much "bigger" than my ford did. I also put airbags on mine and that thing will haul anything I need it to. Did fine without the bags but did it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    GM all day long. They are the #1 selling half ton truck for a reason.

LOL at Toyota. The only way I would drive one is if the other option was a POS Ford.
                    The only advantage gm trucks ever had over the rest of the group was the fuel mileage......and only because the alternator only had to work at 50% of the time because of all the broken electronics.

Comment

I'll never purchase a GM again. Let alone deal with GMAC financing, ugh. Definitely Toyota.

Comment

GM would be my choice. My wife has had three Tahoes so far sold the first with 220k mikes and not a single problem 2nd with 250k and only had to replace a fuel pump. She's on her 3rd and it's going strong so far.

Comment

Chevy, those tundra's ride like a brick and gas mileage sucks

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I can now ask Mathews or Hoyt, and Ranger or Skeeter.

Comment

If I have very many problems with a product I go get another product, currently I have about 40 GMC's in my fleet.

Comment

Tundras are good trucks, I love Toyota, but they are ugly as heck. Looks aside, I would consider getting one, but the bed is too short to be functional for me. I’m not sticking tools in back seat, even if I wanted to there no way I could fit them all. My family is Chevy/gmc, but I think all trucks these days are pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                                X