Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #851
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
That's not his style......much like Tebow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I'm with you, but that's a bold comparison!
But Tebow hurt people.
What worries me was it looked like Sam really got his bell rung a couple of times. Those of you out there know more about him because you follow him day by day. Iím just hoping he does not get hurt because he has talent and seems like he a good kid...oh and he is Brockís favorite player!
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #852
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
But Tebow hurt people.
What worries me was it looked like Sam really got his bell rung a couple of times. Those of you out there know more about him because you follow him day by day. I’m just hoping he does not get hurt because he has talent and seems like he a good kid...oh and he is Brock’s favorite player!
Sam got his bell rung once. He trucked a few folks.

HE WAS A TRUE FRESHMAN with a patchwork line.

Did Hurts get hurt? The Texas QB room is legit again.....finally.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-20-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #853
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Ö.and Aggy swallows.
That one does for sure.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #854
Gclyde28
Six Point
 
Gclyde28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Sam got his bell rung once. He trucked a few folks.

HE WAS A TRUE FRESHMAN with a patchwork line.

Did Hurts get hurt? The Texas QB room is legit again.....finally.
To this day none of them have been impressive for any extended period of time while on the 40 acres. A few flashes of hope but never for more than a couple games in a row at most. Hopefully that changes this year but I'd say its a little bit early to start making statements like that.
Gclyde28 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #855
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Sam got his bell rung once. He trucked a few folks.

HE WAS A TRUE FRESHMAN with a patchwork line.
I hear you and by saying twice I was only off by one
Iíve seen Tebow and most of the time it was not pretty.
He was a Frosh and hopefully has learned he canít do it all if he is not in the game.
Look I felt the same way about Jalen His first year. Donít let him get hurt, step out of bounds once or twice because this is not H.S. There are 10 other guys on the team no matter how good they are.
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #856
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
I hear you and by saying twice I was only off by one
Iíve seen Tebow and most of the time it was not pretty.
He was a Frosh and hopefully has learned he canít do it all if he is not in the game.
Look I felt the same way about Jalen His first year. Donít let him get hurt, step out of bounds once or twice because this is not H.S. There are 10 other guys on the team no matter how good they are.
Right, but Tebow won the Heisman as a Sophomore
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #857
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gclyde28 View Post
To this day none of them have been impressive for any extended period of time while on the 40 acres. A few flashes of hope but never for more than a couple games in a row at most. Hopefully that changes this year but I'd say its a little bit early to start making statements like that.


No doubt but at least thereís 4 scholarship QBs in the room.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #858
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Not looking forward to the rookie mistakes from the QB position, but definitely looking forward to a more equipped QB!

The anticipation of CFB reminds me of the Mike Tyson quote, 'everyone has a plan until you get hit in the mouth'. LOL
I think Robinson is going to do great. IMO he's not a true rookie since he did start a game and played in several others. Can't be worse the Veteran mistake of Hill. Robinson is a much better athlete
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #859
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Right, but Tebow won the Heisman as a Sophomore
That’s what I’m saying. BAMA saw that and and it was not pretty looking at it through crimson lenses.

Now BAMA has a QB in his Sophmore half, may start his first game and is supposed to be the Heisman frontrunner! Being a contrarian, I’m thinking Jalen starts. Run it up the gut
You’ve got 11 players use them

Last edited by 17ncs; 08-20-2018 at 07:50 PM.
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #860
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I think Robinson is going to do great. IMO he's not a true rookie since he did start a game and played in several others. Can't be worse the Veteran mistake of Hill. Robinson is a much better athlete
Most definitely. There will be a learning curve but he's most definitely not just being thrown to the wolves and completely unprepared.
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #861
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
Thatís what Iím saying. BAMA saw that and and it was not pretty looking at it through crimson lenses.

Now BAMA has a QB in his Sophmore half, may start his first game and is supposed to be the Heisman frontrunner! Being a contrarian, Iím thinking Jalen starts. Run it up the gut
Youíve got 11 players use them
Yessir, it's just the rest of us can't get by without having great QB play
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #862
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
That’s what I’m saying. BAMA saw that and and it was not pretty looking at it through crimson lenses.

Now BAMA has a QB in his Sophmore half, may start his first game and is supposed to be the Heisman frontrunner! Being a contrarian, I’m thinking Jalen starts. Run it up the gut
You’ve got 11 players use them
Jalen got them to a National Champioship game. Tua won one game that the other team was completely unprepared for in dealing with him. Different game now the rest of the country has seen him not just a clean up. IMO Jalen has earned the job as of now.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #863
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
Thatís what Iím saying. BAMA saw that and and it was not pretty looking at it through crimson lenses.

Now BAMA has a QB in his Sophmore half, may start his first game and is supposed to be the Heisman frontrunner! Being a contrarian, Iím thinking Jalen starts. Run it up the gut
Youíve got 11 players use them

Jalen needs to graduate in December, play in less than 4 games (RS), and transfer to War Eagle in the spring

I'm sure his father is not to happy with the current QB situation; however, I agree 100% with Herm Edwards.... "You play to win the game"
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #864
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

I got 2 more weeks to catch crappie then I can start watching football!! I think I can make it!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slew is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #865
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Jalen needs to graduate in December, play in less than 4 games (RS), and transfer to War Eagle in the spring

I'm sure his father is not to happy with the current QB situation; however, I agree 100% with Herm Edwards.... "You play to win the game"
While I agree with Herm Edwards sentiment as you say, he was a much better player than a coach
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #866
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Yessir, it's just the rest of us can't get by without having great QB play
It is a nice problem to have
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:33 PM   #867
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Jalen got them to a National Champioship game. Tua won one game that the other team was completely unprepared for in dealing with him. Different game now the rest of the country has seen him not just a clean up. IMO Jalen has earned the job as of now.
I am a Jalen fan and not a Coach. I hope we have him for two years. Just about everyone over here is Tua, Tua, Tua.
Jalenís on his third OC/QB Coach so who knows what happens this year. Kirby had JH game planned and shut down. Thatís why Iím glad LSU didnít get him when they could as HC.
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #868
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

The Herm references will be brutal this year as we hope for 5 wins...
thegrouse is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #869
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
It is a nice problem to have
jealous, jealous, jealous
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:38 PM   #870
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
I am a Jalen fan and not a Coach. I hope we have him for two years. Just about everyone over here is Tua, Tua, Tua.
Jalenís on his third OC/QB Coach so who knows what happens this year. Kirby had JH game planned and shut down. Thatís why Iím glad LSU didnít get him when they could as HC.
I had lunch this summer with the President of Bama ( friend of dads) Told him they have a good problem to have. He spoke highly of how both are handling it. He invited us up for any game. Think Riley and I are gonna take him up on it.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #871
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young
 
Brock Middlebrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouse View Post
The Herm references will be brutal this year as we hope for 5 wins...


I really feel bad for you with AZ State thinking this was the best option and a good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #872
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I had lunch this summer with the President of Bama ( friend of dads) Told him they have a good problem to have. He spoke highly of how both are handling it. He invited us up for any game. Think Riley and I are gonna take him up on it.
Count me in for the playoff game
eradicator is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #873
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
I really feel bad for you with AZ State thinking this was the best option and a good idea.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fix was in on the deal. Surprisingly he pulled out a decent recruiting class. I am not very optimistic on the year.
thegrouse is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #874
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
I got 2 more weeks to catch crappie then I can start watching football!! I think I can make it!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surely you'll get around to watching your alma mater vs aTm the 30th . . I know your better half will . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #875
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I had lunch this summer with the President of Bama ( friend of dads) Told him they have a good problem to have. He spoke highly of how both are handling it. He invited us up for any game. Think Riley and I are gonna take him up on it.
You should. Bob Witt was the former president when CNS was hired. He came from UT-Arlington and started a directed recruitment of Texas students. One of our best and retired as Chancellor of the UofA System. It was about 4/5% of the student population a few years back but Iím not sure what it is running now.
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #876
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Count me in for the playoff game
Lol offers only for home games but I'm really thinking about going. Be one hell of an experience and get a behind the scenes look at one of the greatest programs in history.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #877
SMF
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Default

Sounds like an awesome opportunity Brandon, just don’t wear any of that ugly maroon when you go! ��
SMF is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2018, 10:02 PM   #878
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF View Post
Sounds like an awesome opportunity Brandon, just donít wear any of that ugly maroon when you go! ��
I guarantee I will be showing my Purple colors for my Frogs. Probably have to wear a white shirt to show respect lol
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #879
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gclyde28 View Post
To this day none of them have been impressive for any extended period of time while on the 40 acres. A few flashes of hope but never for more than a couple games in a row at most. Hopefully that changes this year but I'd say its a little bit early to start making statements like that.
I know, right? It was way better when I was the starter. - Herp

Lol. Optimism is my friend.




Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #880
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
Surely you'll get around to watching your alma mater vs aTm the 30th . . I know your better half will . .
I think I'm going to be in a dove field in Arkansas! My wife will ask me on about Wednesday or Thursday after a game if the Aggies played last weekend and did they win?
Slew is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #881
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

I guess we can kick the can further down the road for a return game between the instate rivals. Texas is looking to add Georgia and Penn State to the schedule.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #882
Rush2Judge
Eight Point
 
Rush2Judge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Wood County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
I guess we can kick the can further down the road for a return game between the instate rivals. Texas is looking to add Georgia and Penn State to the schedule.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.
Rush2Judge is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #883
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post
Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.
Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #884
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Canon 7D DSLR
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
I guess we can kick the can further down the road for a return game between the instate rivals. Texas is looking to add Georgia and Penn State to the schedule.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm indifferent about it. As a fan that doesn't really travel to games away from Kyle and that has sentimental feelings about the history and tradition of an in-state "rivalry", I wouldn't mind seeing them play each year. Of course, the luster of the "tradition" diminishes a little with each passing year.

If I was a fan that travelled to follow the team, I can see where the preference would be to visit destinations like College Park, Athens, State College, Baton Rouge, Clemson, Los Angeles, etc. (especially if conference games were in places like Lubbock, Waco, Aimes, Stillwater, Manhattan (the little one) or Austin. ) Of course, if you're already travelling to BR, Athens, Gainesville, Oxford, Columbia (MO/SC), Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Knoxville, etc. in any given year, saving a little time and money by driving to Austin or Cstat to see a game might be more appealing!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #885
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Meh. Those SEC locations don't do much for me. Collie Station is about the same as Lubbock. Worse than Waco. LOL. Austin is probably one of the top locations to visit. Nooooooooooooooo to Los Angeles. been there. Sucks bad.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #886
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Judge View Post
Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.
As a season ticket holder and frequent traveler to away games, I am good with this. I would like to play A&M, but not at the expense of dropping these blue blood type games.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #887
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

This is some interesting facts in regards to the SEC and scheduling since it was being discussed.

Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #888
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Yeah bro, but we canabalize each other in conference.

USC, tOSU, ND, Texas, OU, FSU, Miami, Clemson, Michigan and Nebraska should all man up and join the SEC West.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #889
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Canon 7D DSLR
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Meh. Those SEC locations don't do much for me. Collie Station is about the same as Lubbock. Worse than Waco. LOL. Austin is probably one of the top locations to visit. Nooooooooooooooo to Los Angeles. been there. Sucks bad.
Perhaps for an out-of-state school, but for a native Texan, it's little more appealing than Waco, Cstat, Houston, DFW, etc. Heck, in terms of game day experience and vitriol, I'd rather (narrowly) see a game at Jones Stadium than at JJF@DKRMS. And isn't Athens one of those SEC locations that initiated this most recent round of discussion? Oh, and BR? Is State College or College Park any more appealing than SEC Blue Bloods?

(BTW, the only reason I mentioned LA as a "destination" is because both teams have travelled there recently)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #890
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Perhaps for an out-of-state school, but for a native Texan, it's little more appealing than Waco, Cstat, Houston, DFW, etc. Heck, in terms of game day experience and vitriol, I'd rather (narrowly) see a game at Jones Stadium than at JJF@DKRMS. And isn't Athens one of those SEC locations that initiated this most recent round of discussion? Oh, and BR? Is State College or College Park any more appealing than SEC Blue Bloods?

(BTW, the only reason I mentioned LA as a "destination" is because both teams have travelled there recently)
Yes, for an out of state school. In state teams hate each other too much to give any of the destinations much love.

OK, I have to ask. You would rather have a goal post shoved in your face and look at some sand than eat great BBQ and spend an afternoon on Lake Travis?

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #891
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.
I like the adding if the new teams/big games but would like the see the Texas/Aggie game brought back. Alot of history with that rivalry.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #892
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Both would make it unfair due to the way the SEC schedules.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #893
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Canon 7D DSLR
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Yes, for an out of state school. In state teams hate each other too much to give any of the destinations much love.

OK, I have to ask. You would rather have a goal post shoved in your face and look at some sand than eat great BBQ and spend an afternoon on Lake Travis?
LOL! I specified "game day experience", so that eliminates the lake from the equation, and certainly I could find some good grub (BBQ or otherwise) at a fellow TBHer's tailgate (at either stadium). As for goalposts, I don't see that happening again after my team kicks the ever-lovin' **** out of them on their home turf!

Either way you slice it, you are spot on with giving in-state destinations much love. I wouldn't rank either Lubbock or Austin as a desired destination (over most OOS OOC) to watch an away game. I'm sure Cstat falls into that category for most here (although it probably behooves anybody that hasn't watched a game at either stadium to experience it at least once. In honesty, I've never watched a game at either Jones or DKR.)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #894
bigbad243
Ten Point
 
bigbad243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Hye Texas
Default

I am and have always been a longhorn fan, but if we are talking about a night out after a game, I would rather be at Northgate than 6th street. Austin is way better overall than CStat though minus the hippes/crazy liberals.
bigbad243 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #895
asttbe
Pope & Young
 
asttbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Comfort, TX
Hunt In: My yard
Default

I'd have to agree with Michael. I'd much rather travel to a lot of the SEC or other towns than a Big XII one.
asttbe is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #896
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
This is some interesting facts in regards to the SEC and scheduling since it was being discussed.



Texas and WV play 11 P5 opponents this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #897
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I would have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.

Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama do nothing for me. Missouri and Georgia.....meh.

As for game day experience the State Fair in Dallas trumps all. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #898
asttbe
Pope & Young
 
asttbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Comfort, TX
Hunt In: My yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I woukd have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Agreed. Except L.A. I was stationed around there in the Corps and have no desire to go back. Athens is a pretty cool place too
asttbe is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #899
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

As long as we can all agree that Norman is a sewer, and should be moved off of 35 so as to be more easily avoided.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #900
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Canon 7D DSLR
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I would have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's hard to argue...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com