No announcement yet.

Loud and Heavy Fest - Cowtown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there good show. A lot of people, fairly rough crowd. Hot as hell to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
      I was there good show. A lot of people, fairly rough crowd. Hot as hell to begin with.
      So how was COC treated by a Texas Country crowd? Did they have any fans? metalheads or punkers?

Comment

I estimated the crowd at about 8-10k and they seemed to be pretty laid-back and well-behaved. I didn't see any trouble makers but I was sitting up on the hill away from the main stage. There were a fair number of metalheads for CoC, probably 10-15% of the total. The lead singer of CoC is apparently a big fan/friend of CJ because he mentioned how it was an honor to play there on CJ's birthday and how much his music inspired them.

Very light rain after dark cooled off the temps but not enough to make PIP into a mud mosh (sorry to disappoint, BoB, The hippies and cowboys mixed together and got along quite well.).

For his birthday, the band gave Cody a red-white-and-blue acoustic guitar autographed by all the current Texas Rangers. He got a little choked up on that. He was clearly surprised being a big Ranger fan.

He played a lot of new songs off Lifers plus the old fan favorites, just short of 2 hours. He covered Bocephus on Whiskey bent, the Hag on The way I am, and Randy Travis' Diggin up bones. Sing-along was Cast no stones, Loud/heavy, and Hippies, but the hardcore fan-base (~30% of the crowd) sang every word.

Show was well-run, plenty of water stations, security present. Service could have been faster at the beer and merch tents but I didn't hear too much griping. CJ sounded as good as could be expected in an outdoor venue like PIP, which is to say no worse than the sonic disaster that is Billy Bob's.

Despite the success of the last couple of years, he seems to have kept the same attitude and temperament he's always had. Made a big point to thank the fans and remind everyone that he's just a local kid from Haltom City.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Got some video of COC from a female friend that works for Live Nation.

Cody Jinks probably knows Pepper From his metal days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jinks is the real deal. Always will be. Down to earth guy. He’s a **** good dad to his two young kids as well. Regular dude with a kick *** career.

Happy to share a fence line with him.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
              I estimated the crowd at about 8-10k and they seemed to be pretty laid-back and well-behaved. I didn't see any trouble makers but I was sitting up on the hill away from the main stage. There were a fair number of metalheads for CoC, probably 10-15% of the total. The lead singer of CoC is apparently a big fan/friend of CJ because he mentioned how it was an honor to play there on CJ's birthday and how much his music inspired them.

Very light rain after dark cooled off the temps but not enough to make PIP into a mud mosh (sorry to disappoint, BoB, The hippies and cowboys mixed together and got along quite well.).

For his birthday, the band gave Cody a red-white-and-blue acoustic guitar autographed by all the current Texas Rangers. He got a little choked up on that. He was clearly surprised being a big Ranger fan.

He played a lot of new songs off Lifers plus the old fan favorites, just short of 2 hours. He covered Bocephus on Whiskey bent, the Hag on The way I am, and Randy Travis' Diggin up bones. Sing-along was Cast no stones, Loud/heavy, and Hippies, but the hardcore fan-base (~30% of the crowd) sang every word.

Show was well-run, plenty of water stations, security present. Service could have been faster at the beer and merch tents but I didn't hear too much griping. CJ sounded as good as could be expected in an outdoor venue like PIP, which is to say no worse than the sonic disaster that is Billy Bob's.

Despite the success of the last couple of years, he seems to have kept the same attitude and temperament he's always had. Made a big point to thank the fans and remind everyone that he's just a local kid from Haltom City.

Glad to hear it![emoji1360]

He's done very well for himself, and he deserves every bit of it. As much as I miss him playing the 4th of July party at Chicken's dads house on Granbury, and Sunday afternoons at the Elephante...I'm very happy for him.

Billy, you'll be glad to know that Cody fronted a metal band in L.A. For several years before he decided to get back to the roots of what him and his dad liked from the 70s and early 80s country scene.

He really is a good guy. Proud to say I know/knew him when he was gettin goin. TBH had a group night for Cody at the elephant one time back before Mary lost her mind and left Cowtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah. Makes much more sense now. I haven't paid much attention to the Texas scene in 5-6 years. I will give his music a listen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X