Best Place for Blackbuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Place for Blackbuck

I have wanted to kill a nice blackbuck for a long time. I don't know what it is about them, but I really want one. I was going to hunt them at a place in Tennessee but decided not to. I looked for one all day in TN and never seen one. I asked one of the guides at dinner where I could find one and he said, "I will get one for you in the morning." This confused me and then he proceeded to tell me that they are kept in a heated barn since it was winter time. He was going to turn one loose for me! He said, "After I turn it loose, we will push it toward the fence and it will just stay against the fence until it gets to you.

This is not the kind of hunt I am after. It seems Texas is the place for blackbuck. Let me know the best places I should look at. I want it to feel like a real hunt and feel accomplished when/if I get one. No put and take hunts. So far I have looked at Diamond C, Hunts and 3 Fingers. Any suggestions on other places or experiences with the above places would be great.

Thanks

doublearrowbowhunting.com

Comment

PM sent..

Comment

Thanks you guys for the information. I will check them both. CAJUNGUY88, I am a new member and dont have enought posts to send a PM yet. I got your message and I appreciate it.

Comment

following, Im interested as well

Comment

Get in contact with Bob Sarrels on here. He hunts an awesome ranch and can get you set up. I'll attach some pics from my hunt.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365100751.274302.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24187351Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365100786.721729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	24187352Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365100818.729544.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	24187353Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365100890.144081.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	24187354Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365100714.381334.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24187350

Comment

bigoakbowhunting.com is your source for bow hunting tips, tactics, and techniques. Learn from the pros how to bag that buck with a bow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8067.JPG
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	24187356

Comment

Originally posted by 10mmWendell View Post
                doublearrowbowhunting.com
                I will second this...I took a 20" blackbuck there a few years ago. Curtis will work hard to get you what you want.

Comment

Awesome pictures, that thing is s stud! A 20" BB would be awesome! Not sure what it is about these creatures that make me want one so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                    I will second this...I took a 20" blackbuck there a few years ago. Curtis will work hard to get you what you want.
                    My black buck is also 20"

No matter how long the horns are, they look amazing on the wall

Comment

Here's the one I took at Double Arrow Archery a couple years ago
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's a fine black buck

Comment

I went to Lee Ranch in Hondo in January. Saw a lot of nice black buck.

Comment

Call C&J Ranch. They have some that will be 20"+.

Comment

I got a good one at Porters Exotics last January and had a good one in front of me more than once my last trip to Double L. Was afraid to try and draw back on the one at Double L! I knew what was gonna happen if I got drawn!!

Comment

Working...
                              X