This just cant be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just cant be

Pull my bow out. Strother Valor. At 20 yards I Shoot 5 arrows into to my Yellow Jacket field tip target.
    First goes wide left of center bullseye. I mudt a jerked.
    Second about 8 oclock of top of top left but touching the black
    Third about 8 o'clock of top right bulls eye 2" low. I anticipated the shot.
    Fourth bottom right bulls eye
    Fifth bottom left bullseye.
    I was happy with them.
    Pull & it I'm all over the place. Shoot 20 more shots. 2 completely miss target & hit back wall of the garage. Sorry Landlord
    I rotate my bag so the 5 Bullseyes make a +.
    I'm aiming at top hitting the center bull our below.
    I figured it was my form. Probably is. But I fid notice at full draw my head feels like its laying on my right shoulder to see through my peep.
    I hold my head up straight & I'm looking at the top of where my peep us tired in.
    3 weeks ago I was on at 30 yards.
    Chasing the bull at 20
    Played with 60 just for fun. I was using my level for my pin...

Not sure what to did.
    I was outside & the wind was blowing a skosh....

Maybe just an off day I have them from time to time

Comment

R u sure the sights aren't loose?

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
        R u sure the sights aren't loose?
        First thing I checked.

Comment

if your head is out of position to see through peep either peep or nocking point has changed

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
            if your head is out of position to see through peep either peep or nocking point has changed
            This, and is everything, everything been checked that it's not loose. Arrow rest.. loose or bent, depending on what kind u use? My son had these same kinda issue last spring at practice. We scratched our heads to no end. Turned out, get this, his high dollar sights, can't remember the name brand, that main part that clamps into place was cracked. We couldn't see it until we took it outta the adjustment clamp. Fell apart into two pieces Even though it was tight, it apparently still had enough wiggle room.

Comment

I'll double cbeck my sights.
              I use Sword Sabre

Comment

And if you can't see thru your peep like you used to. Your Ancor point isn't the same. I will always use a kisser button it's a simple most accurate thing you can put on your bow. It forces you to use the same Ancor point every single time.

Comment

I anchor behind my ear.

Comment

If you had to move your head at all to see through the peep then your anchor point was gone. Behind the ear or not, you should never have to move your head left or right to see through the peep sight if set correctly.

And since it is tied in, the chances of it moving are very very low. A lower anchor point will cause low hits at the POI. Remember, the bow is a machine that YOu are in control of. And you place the machine where you need it to make it work best. Not the other way around.

Meaning, do not change your form to fit your bow, move your bow to fit your form. If one day you shoot fine, change nothing mechanically, and then shoot bad next time, it isn't the bow.

Comment

having a draw length that is too long can lead to inconsistent anchoring and shot to shot consistency. not saying yours is just throwing out a possible cause of the symptom. or, as stated you could have just had a bad session.

Comment

Originally posted by Tspurgin26 View Post
                        Maybe just an off day I have them from time to time
                        When my first 4-5 go like this, I pull them, stick 'em back in the quiver and go back in the house and get back on the GS.

Comment

I should have!

Comment

Kisser button Kyle!

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                              Kisser button Kyle!

I seriously thinking of getting one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X