S&W M&P Shield questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W M&P Shield questions

Anyone here have one? My GF needs a CC weapon instead of her Ruger P90 boat anchor. I've taken her to many gun shows and gun shops searching for one that feels good in her hand. She finally settled on the Shield in 9mm. Hasn't bought it yet, but prolly will pretty soon.

I'm a Sig and STI guy so I have no experience with the Shield. How do you like them? Reliability, etc. The one she looked at this past weekend in Kerrville was a consignment sale from a dealer. supposedly only had box and a half of shells run through it. I looked it over good and didn't see any signs of wear, etc. The dealer wanted $345 for it but said he could go to $325.

Thanks for the help!

Heck of a gun! I have one that I carry when hunting. It has cycled many shells without a single hiccup, and that is being very dirty. I bought it to conceal, but decided I don't like concealing a pistol with a safety. Now you can purchase them without the thumb safety though.

Comment

I've put all kinds of ammo through mine with zero malfunctions. That's a good price too. Palmetto state has them for 350 usually no tax and free shipping and that's the cheapest I've found them.

Comment

I've had one for a few years, as has my wife. Great guns.

Comment

If you can get for $325 better jump on it, carry mine all the time, great little gun.

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

yES, i LOVE IT, GREAT GUN!

Comment

That's a steal for a great gun.

Comment

Thanks guys! I like the gun myself, but Like i said i'm a Sig and STI guy. I'll pass your comments on to her.

Comment

Good gun at that price point. My big issue is the trigger pull is forever, and about as numb as it gets. I usually carry it in my pocket though, super comfortable. I have the laser on mine. Went shooting with about 400 rounds through, somehow the laser kicked on and wouldn't shut off. S&W sent me a new laser for free, so can't complain about that.

Comment

Its my off duty gun. Been carrying it everyday for a few years now. Run a fair amount of rounds through it. Never had any problems
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have two. I would suggest putting an after market trigger on it. The long trigger pull is it's only downfall I have seen. My wife hadn't shot many rounds through a pistol and passed her CCL with a borrowed Shield. Scored near perfect.

Comment

CWendling...

I'm still carrying my Sig 226 off duty. It's a little big, but I'm a big guy and can hide it pretty well. I may look into one for myself as well. I had a Sig 238 but sold it. Wish I had it back now.

Comment

I know you mentioned looking at the 9mm.....

I have shot both the 9 and the 40. HUGE difference in handling between the two. She would like the 9 much better. (I posted this because I am a 40 guy....wanted my wife to shoot a 40. Not good for this weapon.)

Comment

They had both the 9mm and the .40 for her to look at. Her Ruger is a .40 so I know she can handle it, but I'm not so sure in the Shield. Smaller gun would translate to more recoil and longer time to reacquire the target. I'm steering her towards the 9mm for shoot-ability and capacity.

Comment

I have one in a 40 and its my everyday carry. Good gun I would recommend it. Only thing I have heard negative is the triggers can be a little stiff but its an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X