Heading to the Frio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to the Frio

We are going to be there Sun thru Thursday. Floated the guad many times but first time to stay on the frio. Staying at Magers wandering what's the best float? Going to have 3 kids 13 thru 8 and it will be their first float.

I hear the water is down some,but it still should be good.The Happy Hollow float is always good and Neals is great also along with the 7 Bluffs.Make sure you order a pie or two from the pie man in Concan,you will thank me later.

Comment

Sounds good. I like pie lol

Comment

You will probably be at the best place to just post up. Magers generally has decent flow even when the river is down
        The other best bet is 1120 bridge to happy hollow
        First time in more than 10 years we didn't make it up for the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yea the pies are great,usually order one day and pick them up the next AM.Go to Neals for breakfast and they also do a pretty good CF steak.There is a great little Mexican food place in Leaky.Garner State Park across the river from ya is also worth a look see.
          Last edited by huntingarcher; 07-28-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Cool sounds good. 1120 to happy going to be the one with the least walking?

Comment

yea that would be my guess.Just take it slow and enjoy.Make sure the kiddos get to jump at the cliff right before Happy Hollow.I still jump at 54 but the climb is getting to be a pain.

Comment

Lol will do thanks

Comment

Take the kids upstream to the area below camp riverview.. There are rope swings and a few trees to jump out of. Slide over to Garner for the dance. It starts a dusk and the kids will have a blast.

Comment

Bring you a 10 x10 pop up canopy . Nice just to set it up in the water and hang out during the day.

Comment

We are heading that way next Friday. My wife grew up going there every summer. We have gone several times in the past and have never been let down.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We have the canopy for sure. To hike Baldy, do you just go in Garner and park there? Will kids or older people have a problem making it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigkilln View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback. We have the canopy for sure. To hike Baldy, do you just go in Garner and park there? Will kids or older people have a problem making it?
                          No you and the kids should be just fine. There are trails that are easily navigable and then you can get off of them and turn it into a climb instead of a hike if wanted (but I would not recommend it) - we will be there Sunday-Thursday also

Comment

Working...
                          X