Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any guess on age?

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
    Other than the feeder, I am not seeing much in the way of deer food in the pic. Does the country to the right have some good habitat?

We have 9 feeders that we keep running year round. I have 10 acres that we keep planted throughout year with biologic and rye grass and 8 acres of soybeans and free range minerals. I cover 40 acres with rye grass during the winter and have ordered 60 chestnut trees. The pic is actually at the edge of my yard.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443149921.748083.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	24405326
    Some of the young bucks at the same feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      I see you've bear-proofed that feeder! Not a bad looking deer at all. What part of the hills do you hunt?

Between Clinton and Marshall

Comment

Comment

I say 5 with the broad cheat and roman nose.

Comment

I am going to guess around 4 years.

Comment

I would say 4.5 or 5.5.....I also say shot him! Good looking deer.

Comment

Originally posted by project View Post
                Between Clinton and Marshall
                That's a pretty area! I'd guess you're around Dennard. My grandpa and I used to hunt on Archey Creek back towards Alread a lot and we have some family land I grew up hunting on Point Remove back towards Scotland. That area has lots of bear, deer, and turkey! Not a real trophy producing area, but lots of healthy animals in the woods.

Comment

That's a pretty area! I'd guess you're around Dennard. My grandpa and I used to hunt on Archey Creek back towards Alread a lot and we have some family land I grew up hunting on Point Remove back towards Scotland. That area has lots of bear, deer, and turkey! Not a real trophy producing area, but lots of healthy animals in the woods.

Yep it's Dennard. I'm off hwy 254. I used to own the property with the airstrip in Alread just before archery creek road but there were too many thieves in the area and the house got robbed so I sold it and bought this place.

Comment

Originally posted by project View Post
                    Yep it's Dennard. I'm off hwy 254. I used to own the property with the airstrip in Alread just before archery creek road but there were too many thieves in the area and the house got robbed so I sold it and bought this place.
                    I know right where you were! My great uncle is from Alread. I haven't hunted up there in years, but it was past the end of Pumpkin Center road down in the valley. I think they were logging some of it last time I was in there. Used to camp and turkey hunt/fish the creek in the spring. Pretty lonely down in that big hole!

Hate to hear that about your house. There are definitely some outlaw/methy types living out there. Did you live there or just have a cabin?

Comment

I know right where you were! My great uncle is from Alread. I haven't hunted up there in years, but it was past the end of Pumpkin Center road down in the valley. I think they were logging some of it last time I was in there. Used to camp and turkey hunt/fish the creek in the spring. Pretty lonely down in that big hole!

Hate to hear that about your house. There are definitely some outlaw/methy types living out there. Did you live there or just have a cabin?

Just had a small house that was on the property when I bought it. We were getting ready to build a new house there when we got robbed so we decided to relocate.

Comment

Working...
                      X