What are you thankful for today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you thankful for today?

Take a few minutes...... Turn off the TV. Turn off social media. Forget about politics. Forget about your stresses and problems for a little while (we all have them, some worse than others from time to time).

What is God doing in your life right now that is a huge blessing and that you are truly thankful for?

I'm in that stage of life where we're watching our kids launch into adulthood on one hand, and we're caring for our aging parents on the other. Both processes come with plenty of stress and challenges. But I am so thankful that I am blessed with an awesome family to be doing all this crazy life stuff with. There's nothing better than family.

What are you especially thankful for today?

God is getting us ready for another boy in just a few week and I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a dad, again. Going to raise my boys right like my father did us.

Comment

Sounds like you are well rooted in your family sir, every time evil comes in and tries to get me thinking about how I’ve been wronged through my life, I look at where I’m at ,married later in life had 2 wonderful boys in my late 40’s. Now in my mid 50’s ,my only regret is I’m kinda beat up and can’t do as much as I’d like with my boys and wife. But I thank God everyday. I survived my career after 30 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        God is getting us ready for another boy in just a few week and I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a dad, again. Going to raise my boys right like my father did us.
        Congrats HH, that's a good thing to look forward to. Bless you !

I guess I'm most thankful that my kids have never had drug or drinking problems and for the most part, they're healthy, and that I'm married to the best woman in the world for 36 years now. Everything else is minor.....

Comment

I’m thankful for my beautiful wife and 19 year old son. He graduated in the spring and is already well on his way to being a civil servant. Fireman/paramedic has always been his dream. School is well underway and he seems to be surviving. The Lord has definitely blessed us.

Comment

My wife & watching my 2.5 year old son grow up. Thankful for everyday I get with them.
            Last edited by Mexdeer19; 08-28-2018, 08:17 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

I’m thankful for gods saving grace, my wife and my 19 month old son.

Comment

Got a letter from my son in basic...just having an address to mail him back is such a blessing.

thankful for the ability to communicate with friends and family, of which I count the Green Screen as both.

Comment

Congrats to HH.

Comment

My beautiful wife of 20 years and my two boys. One a sophmore at Sam Houston State and the youngest a freshman in highschool. Im also thankful we live in best country there is and thankful for the brave men and women that serve this country so we can be free!

Comment

You and I are on the same page Shane. Amid the stress we all deal with - internal stress, and the external stress of modern life, I often forget how blessed I am. To answer your question I have my health, a loving wife of 31years and two grown sons who are fine young men. I can’t say I have done anything to deserve all this - there are countless better people than me who have much less.

Comment

Im thankful to have a successful landscape company, a great girlfriend, awesome parents, and i started my senior year of college today! Two more semesters and I will be out in the world focusing all of my efforts to my company, God is Good!

Comment

Waking up this morning

Comment

Thankful to be going to a job I love in the morning to spend 24 hours with some awesome guys doing what I love.

Even more thankful for just getting off the phone with my nephew who just finished his second day of college at TAMU Corpus Christi. He has been prettt homesick the last few days but he’s on the mend now. He’s an awesome young man with a good head on his shoulders and i can’t wait to see where he goes.

Comment

I have far more than I deserve, that's for sure. I miss the stress of my dad growing old, and my mom having Alzheimer's. I know that sounds terrible, but once they both passed, and the subsequent stress dissipated, I missed them terribly. I miss them nearly every day.

But I am thankful to have had my mom and dad as long as I did. I am thankful for all they taught me. I am thankful for the wonderful memories they left me with.

I am thankful that my boy is so independent, and so successful.

I am thankful that my wife of 30.5 years still thinks I am pretty cool. Looking forward to my next 30.5 years with her.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X