No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only see 250 spine as the lowest in the Black Eagle shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I only see 250 spine as the lowest in the Black Eagle shafts.
      http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/prod...rampage-ld.htm Here's what I'm looking at. The drop-down for the spine size selection indicates that there is a 150 in addition to the 250.

Comment

Jumbo, thank you for the link. The website I googled for them diode not show that and I looked at every arrow they had. Again, thanks for that info and link.

Comment

Sorry, Jimbo, fat fingers on the keyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Sorry, Jimbo, fat fingers on the keyboard!
            You must have farmer hands like me... They aren't much good for keyboards.

Comment

After some reflection, I would like to continue using my 100 grain heads so I'm thinking about trying to get a 100 grain insert for these .204" i.d. Black Eagles. So far, it seems like that isn't easy to come by. I'm considering buying a dozen of the 50-75 grain brass HIT inserts, breaking the 25 grain tail off of half of them and then epoxy-ing that broken-off tail piece into the arrow behind the 75 grain insert. Can anyone think of a problem with that plan?

Comment

If it breaks loose when you shoot it will knock the nocks out of your arrows. And you will have wildly varying weights depending on the amount of epoxy you use to bond it to the other insert. You could also create accuracy issues if the two pieces aren't aligned perfectly. Think out of balanced tires.

I work with composites daily and if you don't prep both surfaces properly the epoxy will fail .

Comment

I emailed 3riversarchery an asked them if they had a 100 grain brass insert that would fit that shaft. I'll post the link the sent me.

Comment

They said the Beman MFX / Easton Axis will work

Comment

You might look at the 10 20 and 50 grain rear insert weights that Gold Tip makes. They will screw into the back of the insert. That is how I added 150 grains up front to my arrows, but they are Gold Tip arrows and inserts but if your inserts are threaded all the way thru, then these may work.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                        I emailed 3riversarchery an asked them if they had a 100 grain brass insert that would fit that shaft. I'll post the link the sent me.
                        http://www.3riversarchery.com/Brass+..._baseitem.html
                        Okay... Well then... I guess it was just difficult for ME to find 100 grain brass inserts for a .204 ID arrow shaft.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                          Okay... Well then... I guess it was just difficult for ME to find 100 grain brass inserts for a .204 ID arrow shaft.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.
                          Not just you having trouble. I emailed Easton, GT, Lancaster, and finally 3 rivers archery before I found some

Comment

I know that Gold Tip screw in weights come in 20grain and 50 grains. I have 2 - 20's in my Gold Tip arrow and my buddy put the 50's in his Deer Crossing Archery arrows

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              I know that Gold Tip screw in weights come in 20grain and 50 grains. I have 2 - 20's in my Gold Tip arrow and my buddy put the 50's in his Deer Crossing Archery arrows
                              also come in 10 gr. you would think a 25 gr. would be a good seller?

Comment

Shows up on my IPhone as invalid url

Comment

Working...
                                X