PSA 7.5" 300 AAC Blackout Pistol Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA 7.5" 300 AAC Blackout Pistol Build

Just finished up this build this past weekend but it was too wet to go to the range to sight it in. As the title says, Palmetto State Armory 7.5" 300 AAC Blackout pistol built up from a virgin PSA lower. All Magpul furniture with the exception of the SB Tactical SBA3 adjustable pistol brace. Burris Fastfire 3 red dot.

I'm a lefty and after my left shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago bow season is a wash and doc doesn't want me shooting long guns for a couple of months but since I'm an odd ball and shoot pistols righty he said I could shoot pistols all days long no problem. Can't wait for general season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180916_111029-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	25160217

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180916_111520-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	25160218
    Last edited by JonBoy; 09-17-2018, 09:18 AM.

Nice! How do you like that Sba3 brace? I'm currently putting a pistol together and planning on going that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyh View Post
      Nice! How do you like that Sba3 brace? I'm currently putting a pistol together and planning on going that way.
      It's really well made and solid. The only shortfall is the stretchy strap that holds it to your arm was designed to go around a toddler's arm. I'm a pretty thin guy and the strap barely fits around my arm...and really tight. I contacted SB Tactical yesterday about it after reading an article that said it might be a manufacturing error and they did say they had a longer strap available. I received a shipment notice late yesterday that they're sending me another longer (non-stretchy) strap for free to try...which speaks highly of their customer service.
      Last edited by JonBoy; 09-18-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I like it. You probably going to want to put that red dot on a riser of some sort though.

Comment

So with that brace I do not need to do a form 1 for an SBR correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            So with that brace I do not need to do a form 1 for an SBR correct?

Correct

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              It's really well made and solid. The only shortfall is the stretchy strap that holds it to your arm was designed to go around a toddler's arm. I'm a pretty thin guy and the strap barely fits around my arm...and really tight. I contacted SB Tactical yesterday about it after reading an article that said it might be a manufacturing error and they did say they had a longer strap available. I received a shipment notice late yesterday that they're sending me another longer (non-stretchy) strap for free to try...which speaks highly of their customer service.
              While that is technically a brace, they didn’t really design it to be used as one. It’s basically a 3-position butt stock that’s about 1/2” shorter than a standard stock. I bought one for my 10.3” 556 and like it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                While that is technically a brace, they didn’t really design it to be used as one. It’s basically a 3-position butt stock that’s about 1/2” shorter than a standard stock. I bought one for my 10.3” 556 and like it so far.
                I get it but if some authority ever got their panties in a twist over it I would like to be able to demonstrate that it's a functional brace and not just for show to skirt a loophole in the regulations

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

You may also want to consider a sound diffuser instead of a flash hider on that short bbl.
                  I was up in Georgia gator hunting a few weeks ago and we used a 300 pistol in a similar configuration to yours except this one had a short can(non suppressor) on the end which really helped with send blast away from shooter. Surefire makes a Warden, Troy makes the Claymore, KAK makes one and there are another 1000 out there.
                  You might appreciate the blast being managed better with these type of muzzle devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    You may also want to consider a sound diffuser instead of a flash hider on that short bbl.
                    I was up in Georgia gator hunting a few weeks ago and we used a 300 pistol in a similar configuration to yours except this one had a short can(non suppressor) on the end which really helped with send blast away from shooter. Surefire makes a Warden, Troy makes the Claymore, KAK makes one and there are another 1000 out there.
                    You might appreciate the blast being managed better with these type of muzzle devices.
                    Gonna give it a look. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

without the optic what did this build run you if you don't mind me asking? looking to build one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        without the optic what did this build run you if you don't mind me asking? looking to build one myself.
                        Bought stripped lower, lower build kit with brace and complete upper separately from PSA and pieced it together. My FFL waived the transfer fee if I gave a like on Google so all total $458 out the door with no optic

Comment

I get it but if some authority ever got their panties in a twist over it I would like to be able to demonstrate that it's a functional brace and not just for show to skirt a loophole in the regulations

Let's not kid around, all pistol braces are a way around an SBR stamp. Since the BATFE law on the subject is ridiculous to begin with your pistol looks great with it! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                            I like it. You probably going to want to put that red dot on a riser of some sort though.
                            Thanks for the tip...the 1/2" riser made a huge difference in sight picture. You were right the red dot just sat too low by itself. Swapped out the stock flash hider for an Ultradyne Pegasus compensator to tame the beast a bit. Thing shoots like a dream.

Comment

Thanks for the tip...the 1/2" riser made a huge difference in sight picture. You were right the red dot just sat too low by itself. Swapped out the stock flash hider for an Ultradyne Pegasus compensator to tame the beast a bit. Thing shoots like a dream.

Have you shot that brake with ear pro?

Comment

Working...
                              X