Question for Fayette County hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Fayette County hunters

We recently bought a farm in Fayette county. It borders the LCRA land that the lake power plant sits on. It’s made up of coastal fields for grazing up front but the entire back of the farm borders the state land.

We’ve seen a lot of deer and the pig sign is ridiculous. We’re also in the process or replacing all the border fence with “hog/goat wire” that backs up to the state land. Hopefully this will slow down some of the pig activity.

So my main question is, how good are the bucks in this “particular” area? If given age and a good feed program? I’m hoping there’s some decent genetics since we border state land that isn’t hunted. This should gives us a decent start at something.

Thanks for your input!

There are some good bucks back in that area.
    Last edited by SAC; 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

You won’t be disappointed in that area. Some great bucks are taken there every year.

Comment

i have seen some really nice, heavy horned bucks in that area! it should be awesome!!

Comment

There are definitely some good deer, but it kind of depends on how you define it.

Have a buddy that owns ~1500 acres on the river in Ellinger, and he has said he gets more excitement from a 125" buck on that place than on a 165" on his lease on the King Ranch because they're harder to come by.

It's not the exact same area, but it's not far off. No idea how hard his neighbors hunt, so that may be a limiting factor.

Comment

Not sure your exact spot but seems pretty much every year 150s coming out around the lake

Comment

Right by The House. A lot of Good Deer In that Area

Put up a Protein Feeder and You will Be Surprised what Shows Up

Comment

Thank y’all for the input. As soon as the new fence is up, we’ll be building feeder pens and get to feeding.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I have a buddy who lives near there and he always sees some pretty good bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by belly_up View Post
                      pm sent
                      PM returned.

Comment

Working...
                      X