Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
NotJose
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton, TX
Default Anybody hunted mountain goat in BC?

Hunting a mountain goat is at the top of my list. And Id like to do sooner rather than later as I understand it can be a very physical hunt. Thinking British Columbia is where Id like to go. Gonna want to use a rifle. Recommendations for Outfitters to look into. Also how was your travel to get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotJose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
bentstick
Four Point

Hunt In: anywhere

I hunted twice out of Smithers with Nass Valley Outfitters(2011/2015). Killed a small goat with a gun the first trip, then a big goat with a bow on the second. Hard hunting; both physically and mentally. Travel was fly into Smithers from San Antonio(via Houston/Vancouver) day one then fly out on a float plane after a rest day. I recommend taking a day off after flying into Smithers to give your luggage a chance to catch up before your charter fly-in. I didn't my first trip and it was a pain trying to get the flight-in changed.
bentstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
Derrik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Zavala County

Love Bros. and Lee. I went with them on a Moose and Caribou hunt and have several friends that have been goat, griz and sheep hunting with them. You can doe a combo hunt with them that includes Mt. Goat and one other animal (Moose, black bear, caribou).Ron and Brenda were great hosts with great facilities. Same travel as Bentstick; States to Vancouver to Smithers for float plane.

http://lovebroslee.com/
Derrik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
mharrington
Eight Point

I work with a great outfitter in BC that kills some excellent Mountain Goat. Give me a call and we can discuss the details.
325-276-1414/fulltimehunts@mail.com
mharrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
docmay
Pope & Young

I have hunted up there twice for goats. First was a straight goat hunt and second was a moose/goat combo. My first trip was with bolen-Lewis. I would say they have it pretty dialed in. The second was with sugar valley outfitters and I think they are now called big time hunts or something like that. Saw lots of goats there. I would try to go somewhere that you backpack in and spike camp unless you are in some kind of Herculean shape. It’s much easier to get up on top or 3/4 of the way up on the mountain and then skirt around to hunt goats from a spike camp. On my second hunt, we glassed them from the bottom and then went up. If you do that a few days in a row it will wear your legs out just going up and down. Goat country is no picnic where I have hunted them and I have heard of very, very few even moderate goat hunts. I book through BSC and they will book a rifle hunter. They keep pretty good tabs on the bc outfitters. They all will take a rifle hunter.
docmay is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 10:50 PM   #6
Georaider
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, NM, CO, MT, KS, Canada

I killed mine with a bow with Bolen Lewis. You could kill a monster there with a rifle.
Georaider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top