No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow day on the mountain. Food sources are scattered and so are the bear. Another guy in camp shot a nice boar this morning. We treed a big sow that had two cubs. Pretty cool to see the dogs work and to walk in on a treed bear. Just wish it woulda been a boar!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep after them Shiloh hopefully tomorrow will be the day for you to get a boar.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
          On a side note, my guide was really questioning me about my longbow while we were driving around and said he'd always been interested in shooting one and had thought about getting a recurve a couple times. After the failed attempt on the grouse, I screwed one Judo point, knocked the arrow and handed him the bow. He was a bit hesitant at first so I took it back and slung one at a leaf on the edge of the mountain about 14 yards away and missed it an inch or two left. I went and got the arrow, nocked it again, and handed it back to him and promised him he wasn't going to hurt a thing. So, he stepped back to where I was (which did worry me since he'd never shot a stickbow before), drew back and only missed the leaf by a few inches. I retrieved the arrow again and gave to him for another try and he hit nearly the same spot as the first. After a third attempt and another close hit, he was hooked! The whole way back down the mountain all he talked about was that bow and how he needed one! [emoji16]

In saying all that, it made me realize that there are no telling how many folks out there that would love to give trad gear a try and just need that chance given to them. I've let no telling how many folks shoot my bows and have similar reactions for Curly's and say they were going to have to get a trad bow, but something about today's experience was just different seeing his enthusiasm of shooting and getting so close to hitting that leaf. Even when we made it back to town to meet the rest of the groups, the first thing he told the other guys was he was going to get a Longbow and they he could actually shoot one and hit with it!! Definitely made my day even though I didn't get a crack at a bear!

Greatness in this side note, Shiloh. You're like a missionary of traditional hunting. Thing is trad really sells itself if someone gives it a chance or is GIVEN a chance by someone like you. Good stuff. Good luck on your hunt!

Ellis

Comment

Best of luck on your hunt.

Comment

Good luck today Shiloh!

Comment

BBD! Will add pics and video when I get a better signal!

Comment

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting for the LDP brother.

Comment

Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Comment

Congrats can't wait to see pics!!!

Comment

Big Congrats!!! In the the LPD's.

Comment

Wooohooo!!! Congrats!!!

Can't wait for the pics, vids, and the writeup...

Comment

Congrats Shiloh!! And super good on you bout gettin Curly "hooked for life"! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

WAY TO GO SHILOH!!! I knew it was the end of the line for an unlucky bear. Cannot wait to see some pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X