Sublime Pearl Golf Cart Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sublime Pearl Golf Cart Rebuild

So I bought this from a TBHer for a project my son (he's 7) and I can do together. Got her home and a further test drives revealed she needed new batteries. So I started research and found out a lot of info on this cart. Long story short, I ordered new heavy duty F-R switch, 200-1000amp solenoid, 400amp speed controller and gonna keep the stock motor if it still works when I put everything else new on it. Got a 6" lift kit coming, 12" wheels/23" tires, new body and paint (since the last one was wrecked in several spots) and new 2 ga cables to handle the extra amperage. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Anyway, this is where we are so far. Sanded down the black spray paint that was on it and took it down to the frame. Beat the frame back into a straight line and waiting to get back home to finish it. And got my new wheels in!!
    Attached Files

And obviously gotta rebuild/weld a new battery tray together from the new angle iron I got from Brian (thanks again sir! even tho you're probably tired of being thanked ). Hoping to completely done in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Forgot the best part.... the tires/wheels. And yes, the cart will be the same exact color as what Dodge paints their new challengers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally got the body painted.
        Attached Files

Comment

And the back. Acting weird. Only one pic at a time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Sounds like your on top of all the good upgrades and known issues. Are you building a seat for the back? If so, may buy the hd leaf springs. It helped a bunch on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
              Looking good. Sounds like your on top of all the good upgrades and known issues. Are you building a seat for the back? If so, may buy the hd leaf springs. It helped a bunch on mine.
              Yes sir I am. Only the kids will be on the back seat. Gonna see how it rides without them first. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Only had a few hrs to work on it today but got the front drop axle on it and the front wheels and tires. Gotta adjust the tie rod some more to give it a 1/8" toe in. Tomorrow is the front cowling and back lift kit and hopefully all new electronics. We'll see how much I can get done. More pics tomorrow too.

Comment

Got the lift kit installed yesterday, the controller, solenoid, HD F-R switch and welded up a new battery rack. Much sturdier now!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finished all wiring today. Added batteries and pushed the pedal. It about jumped out from underneath me! Definitely more torque! Attached the body cowlings and added the voltmeter on some diamond plate. My back is done for the day!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dang, that's good looking. Looking forward to the finished pics..

Comment

I'm jealous. Wish I had the OPs skilz

Comment

Your doing a great job on the rebuild!

Comment

I dig the mopar green looks sweet

Comment

Thanks guys. Well, tonight I got the rest of the body bolted down, spots for the tail lights cut out and installed and the roof on. Tomorrow is add black upholstery to the front seat and then wait on new stainless steel running boards I've gotta cut to perfection (meaning good enough for me).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X