Things to do in Houston Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Houston Area

My son is trying out for Drum Corp International in Waller next weekend (Dec 5-7) and my father in law and myself are driving him and a few buddies down for the tryout. My FIL and I will have all Saturday to kill. Any recommendations of some things to do or sights to see? Any archery places?

Golf is about all I can suggest. We do have a few archery shop's, but good ones is debatable. Bow Zone is Spring is nice.

Comment

its a little drive from Waller...but X2 to Bowzone... Go meet the infamous Richard and crew then make plans to spend your time wondering how youre going to give him all your business due to the level of customer service they provide.

Comment

Sounds like you are going to do some driving. Not a lot in Waller - about 30 miles from Houston city limits. Bow Zone could be a destination, but that will probably be about 40 miles each direction. Agreed, if you are golfer's you could find a few courses in the Cypress area.

Good luck to your son!

Comment

Lots of places to eat, have a beer and watch some sports.

For archery, I always enjoy West Houston Archery on I10 West just outside the beltway. They opened a new shop and have a pretty neat range.

I'm also a member of Buffalo Field Archery Club. I'm pretty sure they open up the range from 8-12 on Saturdays for visitors. It's an awesome range with both an open course and a field course. Check it out:

Both WHA and BFAC are on the west side of Houston.

If you're looking for a rifle/pistol/skeet range there is Hotwells on 290.

Comment

Best of luck to your son at tryouts. Crossmen? DCI is a life changing experience for sure. 12hr days in the heat, waking up in a different city ever other day, sleeping on gym floors...and for some reason, you wake up everyday wanting to do it all over again!

I marched with the Cavaliers in 2004...James Bond 007 show. Epic summer.
            Last edited by louieagarcia; 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham is a good tour.
              Old car museum on 290 between Waller and Brenham.
              Carl's Feeders is in Waller on 290.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham is a good tour.
                Old car museum on 290 between Waller and Brenham.
                Carl's Feeders is in Waller on 290.
                This. I would stay as far away from Houston as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                  Best of luck to your son at tryouts. DCI is a life changing experience for sure. 12hr days in the heat, waking up in a different city ever other day, sleeping on gym floors...and for some reason, you wake up everyday wanting to do it all over again!

I marched with the Cavaliers in 2004...James Bond 007 show. Epic summer.
                  He is trying out for the Crossmen. One of my buddies was in the Troopers and has been prepping him. And he still wants to do it!! LOL

Comment

Lots of nice places to visit just outside of Houston

Comment

Visit a Mosque

Comment

Johnson space center is cool. I like eating at the aquarium in kema boardwalk when im there.

Comment

Working...
                        X