Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
    I don't recall Trump talking up his relationship with China or their president. I recall him shutting down travel and talking about sticking it to China with tariffs? Maybe that was all the works of his advisors, but apparently he listened. Woodward can write whatever he wants to say voters, doesn't mean it is 100% true or correct.
    It wasn’t published because it was inside info at the time but it is on tape. It’s also recounted in the book, which is based on the tapes of Woodward’s interviews with Trump and others who were there.
    Shutting down travel immediately was an advisor’s recommendation but he was already on board with that. Undoubtedly the right move.
    Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-25-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I don’t think all who support Trump think he’s perfect for the job. There are a lot of principled conservatives that struggle to stomach him but still come down to the conclusion that he’s better than the alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        I don’t agree with his conclusion, because it has to be taken in context and I think Hillary would have moved this country in the wrong direction, but there are some things I have a hard time with.
        I know that there are a lot of folks who think the antagonism and divisive rhetoric is funny and cute— I think it’s destructive. Divided we will fall and there’s a giant looming in the East who will literally do anything to try to take the top spot.
        China is, however, one of Trump’s strongest issues in my opinion.
        There are so many parallels to Trump and Reagan. Reagan had a true disdain for Russia. He even said that his deep disdain for them is why he wanted to become President.

Look back at all of the interviews with Trump, even before he considered running. China was always a subject Trump brought up. I believe one of the main reasons Trump ran for President was to straighten out the lopsided trade deals that had been made with China. But guess what? A lot of corruption has been exposed by doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          There are so many parallels to Trump and Reagan. Reagan had a true disdain for Russia. He even said that his deep disdain for them is why he wanted to become President.

Look back at all of the interviews with Trump, even before he considered running. China was always a subject Trump brought up. I believe one of the main reasons Trump ran for President was to straighten out the lopsided trade deals that had been made with China. But guess what? A lot of corruption has been exposed by doing so.
          100%. All you have to do is look at the Bidens.

Comment

I don’t agree with his conclusion, because it has to be taken in context and I think Hillary would have moved this country in the wrong direction, but there are some things I have a hard time with.
            I know that there are a lot of folks who think the antagonism and divisive rhetoric is funny and cute— I think it’s destructive. Divided we will fall and there’s a giant looming in the East who will literally do anything to try to take the top spot.
            The candidate for either side does not matter. People claim Biden will unite the country again...not gonna happen. We've got 24/7 news and social media consumed non stop that pours gas on both sides. Trump does go out of his way to poke at the other side, but he also gets bombs lobbed at him non stop.

No President will calm the masses while the media does its best to get both sides hating each other. The only difference being the media probably runs a different narrative if Hillary won.

Comment

I don’t think all who support Trump think he’s perfect for the job. There are a lot of principled conservatives that struggle to stomach him but still come down to the conclusion that he’s better than the alternative.
              When the alternative is for open borders coupled with strict gun control and accepts late term abortion it isn't all that difficult.

Comment

This is very accurate. Like him or don’t, Trump is a business man and a good one and he likes to win. You combine that with his love for all things american and he absolutely has a disdain for what china was doing to this country both openly in absolutely horrible lopsided trade deals and behind closed doors stealing all the technology they could get their hands on at the expense of the American manufacturer. Most people don’t really understand the nature of the Chinese, they see them as the people making all the widgets that walmart sells at cheap prices. I’ve worked in a business for 20 years where we deal and negotiate with the Chinese a lot and we follow very closely the Chinese markets as well as their business practices. Trump has followed these same practices for many years and was appalled at what was taking place and rightfully so. All the previous presidents post Reagan had completely sold the American people and manufacturer out to the Chinese, Biden and co. Included. The chasm was massive by the time trump took office and I’m sure he had multiple strategies for addressing the Chinese. One strategy may have been to try a true diplomatic approach to manage the situation hence his initial appearance of “buddying” up with chi which also allowed Trump to better figure out what he was dealing with, Not to mention if he had gone in guns a blazin the left would
                Have roasted him.
                Based on what trump has done to the Chinese there is no way I can believe he ever coddled or gave an inch to them at any time. The Chinese hate trump more than you can imagine, he has derailed their obstacle free complete take over of all us manufacturing as well as sidetracking many other intellectual property thefts.
                Most people don’t really understand how bad China was raping us so what trump is doing to them goes largely unnoticed with most people, they just hear “trade war” but it’s a huge deal and will never get the attention it deserves
                I worked for the Malaysians for a period of time and my boss was Chinese maylay. He was called back to Singapore at one point to work / negotiate a deal with the Chinese for a certain license that would allow our company to participate in local (chinese) cabotage trade. The Chinese are notorious for trading business not for money but for intelligence and this was what they wanted
                From our company in exchange for the license, whey wanted us to teach them how
                To operate small regional chemical tankers. Long story short, after two years of negotiations when my boss was back in houston we had a discussion about the Chinese and he told me you can go into a meeting thinking you have them by the balls and then an hour after the meeting you realize they just took you for everything and you didn’t even realize it and I can tell you he was one of the hardest / toughest negotiators I’ve every worked around, he knew the business.
                I can tell similar stories about my time working for a very large chemical producer and the Chinese haggling to get their hands on our technology.

Anyway long winded but the point is the Chinese need to be knocked back in a box
                For another 100 years, they are the biggest threat to the entire world and Trump is the only person who had either the insight and/or balls to take them on. How he does it I don’t care as long as he hammers them into submission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

politics in this country went downhill when 43 was elected and dems based their fight on hanging or pregnant chad. Move on to pelosi claiming every rep was a granny killer, people were going to die in the streets. schumer threatening senators and SCOTUS.

Trump is most definitely a NYer in every aspect of his personality. I dont like the way he tweets at times, but i hate more that MSM twists his words against him simply because he is who he is.

we no longer have good candidates on either side nominated because the snake pit doesnt allow anyone to move up without head snake consent.

Comment

I agree. and the left has done this since I can remember...Remember Bush and nuclear? Remember the left bashing Palin on SNL? People are so sick of R's who are happy to take second place as long as the let still loves them (McCain, Romney, Cornyn).

I can look past Trump's tweets, and see his actions. And 90% of them are good.

Comment

Here’s an issue— it bothers me that Trump was placing trust in the Chinese president and talking up their relationship to his closest advisors while they were telling him not to trust the Chinese.
                      Looks like he took their advice? Would you not agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Like I said, China is one of the main reason Trump even ran for President. He never placed trust in China, nor did he actually “buddy up” with their leader. His intent, even before getting elected was to bust China’s azz. Now, how he went about it may appear like he was friendly with them, but that’s part of Trumps “art of the deal.”

Comment

Like I said, China is one of the main reason Trump even ran for President. He never placed trust in China, nor did he actually “buddy up” with their leader. His intent, even before getting elected was to bust China’s azz. Now, how he went about it may appear like he was friendly with them, but that’s part of Trumps “art of the deal.”
                          I agree. Woodwards comments are past tense, and here we now have 3 years of Trumps actions against China.....and the OP says "Here's the issue".

Comment

Agree totally-- he made the right move and I said that. It doesn't bother me that he ruffles feathers, even of his closest people, if he gets it right. That takes an enormous amount of faith in an individual if he consistently break rank with his closest advisors and makes them uneasy with unpredictable and rash, seemingly emotional decision making.
                            He may be smarter than me, and may have had a reason for telling his closest people that he and Jinping were tight and working together. It bothered them and I put some credence in that. I'm talking about Mattis & Pottinger.

Could be-- the proof is in the pudding and right now I'm mostly happy on China.

I agree. Woodwards comments are past tense, and here we now have 3 years of Trumps actions against China.....and the OP says "Here's the issue".
                            This was from January of this year in the handling of coronavirus breaking.

Comment

Agree totally-- he made the right move and I said that. It doesn't bother me that he ruffles feathers, even of his closest people, if he gets it right. That takes an enormous amount of faith in an individual if he consistently break rank with his closest advisors and makes them uneasy with unpredictable and rash, seemingly emotional decision making.
                              He may be smarter than me, and may have had a reason for telling his closest people that he and Jinping were tight and working together. It bothered them and I put some credence in that. I'm talking about Mattis & Pottinger.

Could be-- the proof is in the pudding and right now I'm mostly happy on China.

This was from January of this year in the handling of coronavirus breaking.
                              And the handling of the virus is the only thing the left has to stand on. Nothing else has worked in trying to oust him. What better way to crash the worlds best economy that this plandemic. And yes, I do believe it was planned.

Comment

I'm not interested in "what about Biden" or how horrible the fringes of the left are-- I know all that and it's completely beside the topic I've put on the table.

If you look at standard economic metrics, the "Trump economy" is pretty much a myth, at least the idea that he or his presidency created something that wasn't already happening. That was one thing I thought was a strong point that doesn't bear out in the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X