No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 8 lbs you lost the first week was all water weight. Now your getting down to actual fat lose. I would measure your BF% and worry less about weight, especially when your hitting the iron hard. Keep grinding!!

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    Weighed in for week 2 this morning and a bit disappointing at 9.5lbs (was 8 after wk 1) but I'm staying with it. Been lifting hard and am very sore and getting some cramping so it's time to hit the store for supplements. I know I need some potassium and possibly magnesium.

Comment

Down 12 pounds in three weeks. Jeans are starting to fit a little better and that's encouraging. Ate very rich today but all extremely low carb. Eggs scrambled with pan sausage and bacon for breakfast, fresh caught Wahoo sashimi with soy and wasabi for lunch, and a ribeye with miracle noodles tossed in butter and Parmesan cheese for dinner. I was hungry today lol. For those of you lifting while in keto... is it even possible to add muscle while in ketosis? I've heard mixed opinions on this. I understand it's great exercise regardless but doubt it's possible to actually add muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
        Down 12 pounds in three weeks. Jeans are starting to fit a little better and that's encouraging. Ate very rich today but all extremely low carb. Eggs scrambled with pan sausage and bacon for breakfast, fresh caught Wahoo sashimi with soy and wasabi for lunch, and a ribeye with miracle noodles tossed in butter and Parmesan cheese for dinner. I was hungry today lol. For those of you lifting while in keto... is it even possible to add muscle while in ketosis? I've heard mixed opinions on this. I understand it's great exercise regardless but doubt it's possible to actually add muscle.
        IMO, it is possible to add on muscle but cannot do both. Choose your goal and go from their.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          IMO, it is possible to add on muscle but cannot do both. Choose your goal and go from their.
          Just to clarify your saying you think it is possible to add muscle while in keto, but you're not going to loose weight also?

Comment

If you have Facebook, look up Keto athlete. Or you can look up Danny Vega keto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to clarify your saying you think it is possible to add muscle while in keto, but you're not going to loose weight also?
              Correct, if you're taking in more calories than you burn, the goal in adding mass, you should not be losing weight. Their is a youtuber, GoodyBeats, who is doing this exact thing and vlogging it right now. He's a Texan and lives in San Marcos.

Edit...some people, on traditional diet methods, will do a recomp. This is a slow fat burn with adding muscle. It's not easy to do because you really have to know your body and your daily caloric needs.
              Last edited by icetrauma; 08-01-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                If you have Facebook, look up Keto athlete. Or you can look up Danny Vega keto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Very good suggestions.

Comment

Loving my new post workout lunch. Chocolate protein shake (almost no carb) with a couple of ice cubes, tablespoon of coconut oil, tablespoon of fiber, and a cup of coffee all in a GNC shaker cup. Tastes like some fancy iced latte[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Multiply your body weight by .8, this is the amount of protein you should intake a day. That amount should be 30% of your total calories with Fat being 65% and Carbs being 5%. Train like a mad man, I mean leave nothing in the gym. Get you BCCA's and Creatine along with 8 hours of sleep a night and see how you do. 2 500mg of Turmeric a day will help with soreness. G-Luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Anyone doubting the Keto diet look which superstar basically follows this same diet

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is not like you. He is about to play in his seventh Super Bowl. He has a supermodel wife. He has a personal chef. And his diet? Well, it may not be quite the same as yours too.

Also once you enter the state of Ketosis having carbs every now and then is not a bad thing. There have been studies that show that your body will jump out of ketosis and burn the carb energy because it is easier to burn, once all of that energy is burnt it goes back into Ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                        Anyone doubting the Keto diet look which superstar basically follows this same diet

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is not like you. He is about to play in his seventh Super Bowl. He has a supermodel wife. He has a personal chef. And his diet? Well, it may not be quite the same as yours too.

Also once you enter the state of Ketosis having carbs every now and then is not a bad thing. There have been studies that show that your body will jump out of ketosis and burn the carb energy because it is easier to burn, once all of that energy is burnt it goes back into Ketosis.

I've found this to be true, at least for me. I might have a couple of beverages and get knocked out but, I'm usually back in ketosis by the end of the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post

Hmmm......they left out the Houston Texans!

Comment

Just be clear, .8 times your body weight is the number of grams of protein you should eat. So a 200lb man should eat 160 grams or 640 calories of protein (160 x 4). That would leave you with 1365 calories or 152 grams of Fat and 105 calories or 27 grams of carbs to eat.
                            Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                            Multiply your body weight by .8, this is the amount of protein you should intake a day. That amount should be 30% of your total calories with Fat being 65% and Carbs being 5%. Train like a mad man, I mean leave nothing in the gym. Get you BCCA's and Creatine along with 8 hours of sleep a night and see how you do. 2 500mg of Turmeric a day will help with soreness. G-Luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              Just be clear, .8 times your body weight is the number of grams of protein you should eat. So a 200lb man should eat 160 grams or 640 calories of protein (160 x 4). That would leave you with 1365 calories or 152 grams of Fat and 105 calories or 27 grams of carbs to eat.
                              I heard/read it was 0.8 grams per lean pound of body mass.

Comment

Gotcha, please explain the difference and how you come up with LBM.
                                Thx

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                I heard/read it was 0.8 grams per lean pound of body mass.

Comment

Working...
                                X