Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
    Thanks for everyones input!
    I had a fuel sensor problem with my Ford 150 which has nothing to do with your problem but AAA towed it to Galaxy Automotive in Round Rock for repair. They were very reasonable in price. Little over $100.00 to repair/replace fuel sensor module and replace a burned fuse box. Very good service. I even had clean the injectors while they had it another $80.00 I would give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
      I'd definitely be getting a 2nd and third opinion ? it may just be a job that shop doesn't really want to do. Good Luck
      Doing that on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
        I had a fuel sensor problem with my Ford 150 which has nothing to do with your problem but AAA towed it to Galaxy Automotive in Round Rock for repair. They were very reasonable in price. Little over $100.00 to repair/replace fuel sensor module and replace a burned fuse box. Very good service. I even had clean the injectors while they had it another $80.00 I would give them a call.

Thanks!

Comment

So, follow up ?
          After a 2nd opinion, (and if its cheaper), do I just get it fixed and sell it? Been researching a lot of issues w/ 2013 eco boost engines? Am I headed for more trouble down the road?

Comment

[quote=MIHunter;13558198]So, follow up ?
            After a 2nd opinion, (and if its cheaper), do I just get it fixed and sell it? Been researching a lot of issues w/ 2013 eco boost engines? Am I headed for more trouble down the road

I would look at how major the repair is ...if they have to get into the engine and not just repair a minor problem, I would look at changing vehicles. If it's a kinda minor repair, I would keep it....if you really like the truck....

Comment

I stopped looking at the ecoboost when I was hearing of 8 mpg pulling a camper....

No thanks

That year ecoboost is worse than the 6.4 diesel Ford put out...

Comment

Not a car expert but didn't Ford have all kinds of issues with the power stroke 6.0 and 7.3 engines? Now it sounds like eco boost engines are having issues. How are Ford trucks so dang popular?

Comment

I think all makes have issues of one kind or another. I did pay my fair share on repairing my 6.0 back in the day though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                    Pour a bottle of head gasket sealer in it and trade it in at the dealership your got it from
                    X3

Comment

2013 they might give u 10k in trade towards a new truck!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Update .... Don't know what to think at this point? Thrilled, ticked off or worrisome.

First appraisal: $9100, head gaskets, seals, water pump, thermostat,
                          Send appraisal: $390, O2 sensor, battery terminal cable (Engine codes cleared)
                          Thinking about getting a third, since there is no crossover in diagnosis.

What are your thoughts????/

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                            Update .... Don't know what to think at this point? Thrilled, ticked off or worrisome.

First appraisal: $9100, head gaskets, seals, water pump, thermostat,
                            Send appraisal: $390, O2 sensor, battery terminal cable (Engine codes cleared)
                            Thinking about getting a third, since there is no crossover in diagnosis.

What are your thoughts????/
                            Surprised the first mechanic didn't also add an extra $250.00 for lowering the tailgate before he tried to bend you over it.

Comment

Get a third opinion. Go someplace a friend in your area recommends. Can't you pressure test for a bad head gasket?

Comment

My friend recommended the guy at $390

Comment

Working...
                                X