No announcement yet.

Suppressed SBR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where you are located but if you're near the Austin area stop by and talk to the guys at Capitol Armory, they are always very helpful and willing to answer any questions you might have. If not send them a message on Facebook or Instagram and they should be able to help guide you in the right direction.

As for factory built SBR or building a pistol and SBR'ing it, if you don't mind waiting the factory SBR is a great option. That said you can build a pistol with a standard tube and use an SBA3 brace then when your stamp comes in you can just swap a stock onto it.

As for a suppressor there are a ton of options and it really comes down to what you want to spend. Certain cans will perform better on certain barrel lengths and calibers of course so take that into account as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      Contact Sean Cody, Sc-texas on here, to setup trust. Buy said suppressor from dealer, (IE: Capitol Armory) and form one an ar lower. Wait entirely to long for both to be approved. Once approved, put pistol upper on form one’d rifle lower, attach suppressor and done.
      This is the proper answer, of course.

I'm about to get with him to redo my previous web trust for my first 3 NFA items, and at the same time add a couple trustees.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        AR pistol with a brace and a can. One stamp and can move the can from gun to gun.
        This is the cheapest and most easy route. It’s what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
          This is the cheapest and most easy route. It’s what I did.
          I know a lot of people went this route and then found it illegal to shoulder the pistol brace. I know that has since changed, but who knows when it will become illegal again.. However, if you are not out making videos of yourself this should not be an issue.

I have two form 1 lower receivers, having them engraved was the only PITA. Thing is back when I registered them e-form 1 approval came back in a month or less. I have been kicking around a 9mm and will go the brace route when I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksaw View Post
            if a man wanted to build a suppressed sbr, what would be the process to do so legally. Wanting to build a suppressed .300blk but dont i dont want it any longer than a standard ar.

I need to know how to go about getting the appropriate documentation to purchase and posses both the supressor and to legally put a full stock on a pistol length upper.
            512-288-3200

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
              AR pistol with a brace and a can. One stamp and can move the can from gun to gun.
              That's what I did 3 times. Nothing wrong with a legit SBR but with the huge upgrade that braces have legally taken over last few years, it's difficult to not just go that route, at least in the short term while you wait on an SBR if you still want one. You can have a pistol with a nice brace on it by tomorrow afternoon.

A lot of the popular cans are going to average 7" to 9", so a 10.5" barrel and a shorter can will get you right back at about the 16" of a carbine upper. An 8.5" barrel will definitely get you back down to around 16" or under with a can.

And no matter what you do, I highly suggest Capitol Armory for all your SBR and suppressor needs.

Comment

I'd go to Capital Armory and tell them what you're looking for. Having been through both processes I've grown an appreciation for 16" barrels and earplugs, but I understand.

Comment

another vote for a pistol.

SB Tactical SBA3™. | The SBA3 is a 5 position adjustable pistol stabilizing brace. US veteran designed and proudly made in the USA.

This is the brace I'm using and liking

Comment

This is the route I’m going next. Ordered today.

Comment

Check out CMMG Banshee SBR with a brace no stamp needed.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                        Check out CMMG Banshee SBR with a brace no stamp needed.
                        https://www.cmmginc.com/product/pist...ee-5-7-x-28mm/

Been seriously contemplating one of these. No way it isn't a ton of fun.

Comment

Integrally Suppresed is another option to avoid the SBR wait and stamp. Of course, have to wait on the upper

Comment

Not sure why people have to answer this way. I’m sure he is looking for an answer, but not a smart ***** one. You don’t get extra points for these.....

Comment

Working...
                            X