Bow Building weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Building weekend

I know that some places do a bow building class at their place from time to time, is there anybody that does that in Texas? I looked that Horne's website and it has not been update since 2012 on this, so I am not sure.

My wife just had a 5 days away without the kids, so I think that I have earn the time now, LOL.

i build em..just self bows..all the time...addictive.
    somerville,texas.

Comment

I would rather learn/build a fiberglass bow, I think that it would be a cool skill to learn. Or at least try.

Comment

There is way better guys on here to help you than me but if your interested in doing one of the kits from Binghams I'd be willing to try and help. Here is a link to the one I did this summer.

I'm a long ways off up here in Temple.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
          There is way better guys on here to help you than me but if your interested in doing one of the kits from Binghams I'd be willing to try and help. Here is a link to the one I did this summer.

I'm a long ways off up here in Temple.
          I will look into it and get back with you. It might be bad sounding, but I want to try without having to invest the time and money for all of the upfront cost and find out that it is not for me, and then having all of that stuff sitting in my garage till I just throw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by chester12 View Post
            I will look into it and get back with you. It might be bad sounding, but I want to try without having to invest the time and money for all of the upfront cost and find out that it is not for me, and then having all of that stuff sitting in my garage till I just throw it out.
            Thats kind of why I offered, I have all the tools, hot box and a recurve form already in a nice small shop. The only cost you would have is materials and travel to my place, you could sac out in my travel trailer.

Comment

I've been looking at the link you provided, it looks like fun. I will have to see when I might have the money for materials and I will let you know.

Thanks,
              Chester

Comment

If I could find somebody to buy the bow I am selling I might be closer to having the money for it.

Comment

I would like a recurve or longbow that colorwise looks like it would fit in The Lord of the Rings movies, kind of a shadowy looking bow.

Comment

There is a guy that did one at brazos valley archery club and is planning on doing another, check their website. I shot one of his bows and it was really neat.

Comment

any idea who built the bow at brazos valley archery...im a member and dont remember seeing what your talkin about..was it a glass bow?

Comment

All the pictures are linked back to Jason Chollett, and I think that it was a red oak board bow.

Comment

jasons a friend of mine...thats definately NOT a glass bow...he builds selfbows...hes also the one that gives classes at brazos valley archery..i got a redoak mollegabet he built...good guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X