Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing else to do on memorial day, might as well build a new blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing else to do on memorial day, might as well build a new blind.

While everyone was playing golf today I decided to start my new blind. Going pretty much same direction as brad95 did with the burlap, but a little different. Started on the back patio for somewhat level pad, I'm sure the ole lady will get tired of looking at it by Friday. Last picture is where I'm stoping today hope to get some panels from a fiend and almost be done with it tomorrow. Turning out a tad bigger than expected but oh we'll might go get one of those lazy boy looking cots at academy and just hunt all night.
    Attached Files

Good looking start so far!

Comment

Bigger is better. Looks good.

Will it fit through the back gate or be assembled/disassembled in sections?

Comment

Looks good. What are the deminsions. Looks like 8 x 8. If so, how are you planning on getting it from the yard to the ranch?

Comment

Is it gonna be elevated?

Comment

yeh that thing will be a beast to move if you can't section it out

Comment

I did the same thing and got to working on my blind. Mine is only 5X5 and 6'4" tall. Used hog panels and burlap for 2 sides. The normal burlap seemed real thin to me so I went to hancock Fabric store and bought some that has a tighter weave. Then put the camo over it. I'll try to post some pics later today.

Have fun with your build. Momma is really excited that I will get this one out of the backyard this coming weekend, although she did help me paint it

Comment

Originally posted by Free2Hunt View Post
                Looks good. What are the deminsions. Looks like 8 x 8. If so, how are you planning on getting it from the yard to the ranch?
                Wondering the same

Comment

Well I've got it to where I can take it down in sections, it's 8 wide and 7 deep, made it 7 so it will fit in between the fenders on the trailer, it's supposed to be over 100 today and tomorrow so might not be getting a whole lot done on it but I'll try. Im planning on it being elevated about 4-5 feet but if my buddy and I can't get it up I'll just settle for it being on the ground.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Here is how my burlap turned out with the 2 layers. I'll cutout the windows once it is in place with the feeder
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

thats nice work

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                            Here is how my burlap turned out with the 2 layers. I'll cutout the windows once it is in place with the feeder
                            I like how your wrapping it around and then stapling it, I'm just putting one layer of burlap on hoping that it will breathe better this summer while it's so hot.

Comment

Well been busy here lately but took the blind to the lease half finished last week and put it together mostly this morning, didn't get any panels but one on it but got it off the ground and the walls on it. Hoping to get it finished within the next two weeks, depends on how far over the 100 degree mark it gets. When I got the back on it, it looked like a drive one movie screen for the deer and hogs
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X