No announcement yet.

Scent lures on public land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say this. Spray coon pee on the limbs around you when your on stand. I have had exellent results doing so. Cover scent wise.

Comment

I used some Franks this past weekend. Had a small buck come in. The year before I used some Franks and my nephew shot a buck that couldn't of smelled it. Well one of the group was a confused small buck that ran in between our climber in the ruckus. He stopped and you could tell his nose confused. On full alert, but kept putting his nose down to smell where I had sprayed haha. It was pretty funny.

Comment

I had a hanging lure sprayed (Dunked in) Franks Doe Pee (Estrus) during pre-rut on public land in OK. A friend hunting a ridge relatively far away but within hearing distance rattled a young buck in and as soon as he entered my area while searching for the rattle he was quick to source the scent lure and paw at the ground below it then take off. I think it has the ability to lure them in, but once the scent is found with no deer in sight they're on the move just as quick.

Comment

Working...
        X