Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind design help

Ok I'm going to build a bow blind.
    Its going to be 6x6x6.5' and on an 8' platform and should be big enough for two.
    The question is how to do the windows. I was going to do either 1, 2, or 3 vertical windows.
    It could be one center shoot through window with two small lookout windows flanking it.
    The other is to run two or three vertical shooting windows with no lookout windows.

What do you guys think?

Is this blind going to be just for you or are others going to hunt out of it too?
    I have 6x6 blinds on my place but they are 7.5 ft tall at the front 7 ft at the rear that way you can shoot standing or sitting. Still to low to shoot a recurve standing.
    My blinds have 3- 12"x24"windows the shooting window is verticle the side window horizonal. I build frames out of steel and put in Deer View windows

Comment

AZ
      that is pretty much what I am anticipating. I figured I could stand up and shoot at 6'10".

In africa the blind just had a center window and two viewing ports but it cuts off the angles to the sides

Comment

I am also about to build. Interested to see what info you gain. The windows are my biggest hang up right now.

Comment

Do you have a specific location in mind for it? If it going to be pushed back in some brush where your only shooting lane is straight forward, I would just use one vertical window. If the front is three-sided, three windows will give you almost 180 degrees of coverage. As far as viewing windows I prefer several small ones right at eye level while sitting.

Comment

You might want to check out Smart's thread on his blind. I've seen this one up close and its awesome..... He has one center shooting window and a few smaller viewing windows

Comment

Here is one that I built at the end of last year.... each wall is a different panel that bolts together from the inside, two of us put it together by ourself.

Here is what it looks like after taking it down at home and putting it up at the lease....

Comment

Ok I drew up 3 versions real quick. You can see how the shooting angle gets bigger with the more windows; however the more windows the better chance you have of getting seen.
                with the 6' depth there should be a lot of room to pull back and get in position.

what do you think?
                Attached Files

Comment

tt

Comment

The 3 window gives you the most shooting options. Maybe include tinted windows or mesh and only open the window intended to shoot out of. May keep your movement from being seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X