2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably no local salt till after chandeleur 2.0 next month

Besides the whisker fish and crappie are too hot to drive that far and I dont have to wash the boat when I get home

Comment

Missed a chance to go to Port Mansfield this past weekend. Can't wait to get back to the salt again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        Haven't caught a big girl yet this year. Starting to think they all froze to death.

Matagorda has been producing some good fish lately. Run&Gun has been on several solid trout 25+ inches lately

Comment

Yea, to bad we can't all fish for a living...
          Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Matagorda has been producing some good fish lately. Run&Gun has been on several solid trout 25+ inches lately

Comment

Yea, to bad we can't all fish for a living...
            That would take all the fun out of it, would become work...

Comment

Amen to that, the years I spent as a hunting guide almost ruined me. I was just meaning that them boys are on the water every day so they probably are catching some 25 inch fish. Which by the way, when I say "Big Girls" I'm not talking about 25 inch fish.
              Originally posted by JES View Post
              That would take all the fun out of it, would become work...

Comment

I'll tag along. We spend a lot of time off Bolivar near the Ferry. Was there last weekend and didn't fish much. Water looked terrible Friday and Saturday. Full moon and crazy high tides put a damper on all my normal stuff. Caught a few small reds and a nice flounder, but no trout. We typically struggle in our area until June though, so its no surprise. Would be awesome to get in touch with some guys on here and team up to stay on some fish!

Comment

Amen to that, the years I spent as a hunting guide almost ruined me. I was just meaning that them boys are on the water every day so they probably are catching some 25 inch fish. Which by the way, when I say "Big Girls" I'm not talking about 25 inch fish.
                  Yeah, 25" isn't a big girl, agreed.

Comment

I haven't done much marsh or speck fishing this year but the beach front in Galveston and Freeport have been terrible. I have only caught whiten a few times. Nothing big this year.

Comment

when I say "Big Girls" I'm not talking about 25 inch fish.
                      Maybe we'll find a few of those big trout next week brother. I can't wait to try the new trolling motor on the SVT.

Comment

This thread has got me pumped. I just bought my first boat on Friday, a G3 18ccT. Made our first trip to Choke yesterday to start the break in before we get down to the coast. On a side note my 2 1/2 year old caught his first fish. He is hooked for life and has talked about it nonstop.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                          I’m headed to palacios this weekend. Going with a guide on Saturday, then prob hit West matagorda Sunday too. Kind of wish it was warm enough to wet wade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          If my 15 year old can handle it you can too

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

If we bring Scotty we will catch all the 27's we need.
                            Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            Maybe we'll find a few of those big trout next week brother. I can't wait to try the new trolling motor on the SVT.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              Hey bud how’s it been. When we fish Seadrift, pearl white gulp shrimp is my go to plastic. I throw it with a florocarbon leader and that’s it. Throw and reel with a quick twitch while retrieving. Works great for me
                              Doing great! Let me know next time your in Seadrift... I’m due a trip.

That’s how I fish flukes with great success...although I chose natural colored gulp. Maybe I should have chose the white.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                                Doing great! Let me know next time your in Seadrift... I’m due a trip.

That’s how I fish flukes with great success...although I chose natural colored gulp. Maybe I should have chose the white.

I have had excellent luck with Chicken of the Sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X