152 degrees 6 hours in fire is holding at 220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do now... man I can't stand it... everything is looking good and moist not dried out at all.... I could wrap it until 165 and pull it? I am temped to not wrap it and let it just keep on doing what it's doing..

You need to cook it to 195ish. Wrapping it is fine.

Comment

Quit looking!

Comment

Yep, got a ways to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

What to do????? Drink a beer

Comment

Yup...198-200 for me.....when that probe goes through like butter its done....never before..

Whether you wrap or not is your choice. Wrapping helps push through the stall and makes the cook a little quicker. Once you wrap you can crank it up to 300 and save some time. Heck you can even wrap it and throw it in the oven at 300 until 200 degrees internal. After you wrap, the smoker just becomes a heat source anyway.

Comment

yea I think it's time for beers at the local Cantina take my mind off it

Comment

Personally I don't wrap at all, my be a subtle difference to me but when I used to wrap even for an hour the meat seemed more like boiled then smoked. Keep it up and drink a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yup...198-200 for me.....when that probe goes through like butter its done....never before..

Whether you wrap or not is your choice. Wrapping helps push through the stall and makes the cook a little quicker. Once you wrap you can crank it up to 300 and save some time. Heck you can even wrap it and throw it in the oven at 300 until 200 degrees internal. After you wrap, the smoker just becomes a heat source anyway.
                  Xbowhunter must have hacked Smarts account!!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    Xbowhunter must have hacked Smarts account!!

I used to be a vocal stubborn hardass about finishing it in on the smoker but the older I get the more valuable time is and once its wrapped at 160 ish, heat is heat. Unless you think smoke penetrates aluminum.. ...and yes I had a guy try to tell me that one day.....[emoji848]

Comment

I used to be a vocal stubborn hardass about finishing it in on the smoker but the older I get the more valuable time is and once its wrapped at 160 ish, heat is heat. Unless you think smoke penetrates aluminum.. ...and yes I had a guy try to tell me that one day.....[emoji848]
                      A pellet smoker has saved me a bunch of time. Lol. Set it and forget it.

Comment

I used to be a vocal stubborn hardass about finishing it in on the smoker but the older I get the more valuable time is and once its wrapped at 160 ish, heat is heat. Unless you think smoke penetrates aluminum.. ...and yes I had a guy try to tell me that one day.....

Your forgetting the big picture here, smoking is a beer drinking sport..."I'm gonna grab me a six pack and crank up this here oven" ... see, who says that [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          A pellet smoker has saved me a bunch of time. Lol. Set it and forget it.
                          I still like playing with fire for a few hours. I like my stick burner.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            Your forgetting the big picture here, smoking is a beer drinking sport..."I'm gonna grab me a six pack and crank up this here oven" ... see, who says that [emoji12]

Ha...when I was younger, yes. If I need the time, I can drink beer or really, whiskey, in my shop making stuff for my lease or shooting my bow while the oven finishes the smokers job with a constant heat. You youngins need to play smarter not harder..

Comment

Ha...when I was younger, yes. If I need the time, I can drink beer or really, whiskey, in my shop making stuff for my lease or shooting my bow while the oven finishes the smokers job with a constant heat. You youngins need to play smarter not harder..

Can't you just let me win this one time?

Last edited by Backwoods101; 04-21-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X