• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
    Do not expect me to come anywhere close to his replay of events, lol

Still waiting Charles
    Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
    Great write-up!
    Still going stay tuned!

(5)This is My Story (con't) With the first arrow released finding its mark in the center mass of that bedded buck in the Jones back pasture, the next several arows launched seemed to lisp back to that general area no matter where they were fired from or what distance they traveled to get to that sweet spot! It was like watching tracer bullets light up fire lines to the inteneded target not with vengeance but with precise smoothness from this wonderful scout named archery stick that seemed to almost come to life as each arrow reached the target with almost nothing but a whisper as each arrow sank deep into the sweet spot and then come to a full stop inside that beautiful 10 ring. I watched every arrow leave SACA and with tunnelike visions of flight until each arrow rested in the target. It seemed to be so "out of body" as her string slid out of my hands and pushed each arrow over her new velcro shelf and into the TEXAS air that parted gracefully straight to the 10" ring, each arrow seemed to be drawn to the center mass in such fashion that my thoughts were "this is way to easy" surely this was not real. Each passing shot brought me more into this dream world of archery......it was like a video game that was turned on NOIVCE difficulty and you could aim anywhere and the arrows went straight back to the target. A young trad newbie was watching the process unfold and asked if he could give it a shot. I will be honest, at first my thoughts were screaming NO! NO! but my heart kicked in and said yes it would be an honor to watch you shoot this magnificent work of art in process. I handed SACA over to this young man and watched as his face lit up as he held her.........it was reminiscent of waking up to the best every Christmas present and knowing that it was yours but not fully believeing it. Finally after a very long period of quietness he whispered and asked me for an arrow to shoot....then as he drew back her string, I watched as that silly grin appeared as the arrow rested in his anchor spot..............
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oneway; 08-16-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Nice write up and nice shooting

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
        Nice write up and nice shooting
        There's more coming...........

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
          There's more coming...........
          With you there always is

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
            With you there always is
            Yes sir and then some!

Comment

(6)This is My Story (con't) With SACA well tuned in to the Beman Hunter 500's decked out in ORANGE ( Ha ha Bisch), I was satisfied with the bond between the new hunter and the bow know as Sacagewea I wiped her down with a soft cloth and gently rested her in the standing alert position in a wonderfully constructed spot near a window with just the right mixture of sunlight and coolness of shade until it was time to have her jettison more carbon at fitting targets. (Fast Forward to 2 days later, I come hiome from work and guess what? Yep, you got it..........Another Box on the PORCH! How in the heck am I so Blessed to have packages show up on my porch? I have no idea, but I like it! So I slowly begin to open this box with care as it was lightweight and I had no idea what it could be, as I opend the box I was startled at first to see an assortment of what looked to be raggly tag handme down arrows. Suddenly I came to my senses as my bow hunter took over and forced my working mind to shut down I realized that I was holding history in the making. I took the arrows out one by one and inspected themm with a carefully eye trying to find the spot on the arrow that would connect me with the previous archers..............My mind started to drift as i found dried cruslets of blood and blood stains in the feathers of the very first arrow to take an animal that flew from Sacagewea that Chunky propelled from her...........Wow what an awesome experience to be a part of something wonderful that would continue to keep a group of archers, friends, and hunters in a close circle until the only thing that breaks that circle is time to go to a better hunting land not of this Earth. I could feel the excitement of Ron Jones during his short bond with SACA. Ungle Saggy and his wayward adventures were brought to life wi the touching of some of the feathers. Elf Eyes frustration was felt, as well as a sense of amazement at hunting with the legendary Buff and the soon to be legend SACA. CEppersons conundrum of arrows passing through pigs and hogs and leaving blood trails that would feed vampires for days only to run out of blood and collect very few animals...............and Agtex42 left his mark as well, the smell of oaks and the lingering smell of the North Atlantic Ocean that swirls in the North Carolina air. Cold chills ran up my spine and spread over my body until they covered me like a blanket as I was deeply immersed in thoughts that connected to me to each one of my friends who had held this box of arrows and formed a bond with SACA..........It was overwhelming................................There was nothing I could do today, but sit and ponder how I would leave my mark on this beautiful creation of Bob Sarrels and how would it feel to the next archer it was delievered too..........
              Attached Files

Comment

WOW.....what a write up!

Comment

Great story

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                    WOW.....what a write up!
                    Thanks Chunky..............more to come

Originally posted by Hayley Bug View Post
                    Great story
                    Thanks Hay Hay!

Comment

The next archer it was delivered to, was shaking so bad, it took him five minutes to put the her together and another ten to string her. He fell behind on his workload in the anxious wait for the UPS man, and in the end had to leave explicit instructions with the office personnel as he headed out to the field. 2 hours after he left the office, his phone rang and he knew it was the call he had been waiting for, the call that would signal the start of a new adventure.

In other words, Sacagewea is in my hands, safe and sound. I'll wait or Charles to Irish before starting my story.

Comment

Alex, you go ahead brother, I will finsh writing my adventure up and post it in a week or so (It will be long), I am headed down to Bob Sarrels tomorrow on my way to San Antonio......Then to Port Aransas...........

Comment

Charlie, I am duly enpressed with your writing skills. I am pleased and honored that Zach and I were able to cobble together some little pieces of wood, fiberglass and glue that would bring so many hunters together. It has been a wonderful pleasure to read and watch what this little bow has done to instill the pleasure of bowhunting in so many folks. Some I know personally and some just from this green screen. These are the things that let me fall into a peasefull sleep at night. These are the things that make all the fiberglass splinters and dust and glue stained hands worth it.

I can only thank the good Lord for the talents He blessed me with and the help I received from one or two other bowyers back in the early days of my bow making days for the chance to hack out and try to master the products that Zach and I are producing today.

This endeaver is not done for the money, altho it does seem to manage to pay the bills, but for the satisfaction I see in every face of every customer that comes to pick up a bow, ordered or off the shelf. The big silly grins are worth more than money. They are what make me tick. They are what make me get up out of bed each morning with a bit of a clip for an old guy like me. They are what make me want to finish that second cup of coffee and walk out to the bow shop, to do what I love to do. Make a bow.

Comment

Man, this is getting more awesome by the post!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Man, this is getting more awesome by the post!

Bisch

X2

Great write ups everyone!

Comment

Thanks for the write-ups guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X