No announcement yet.

Somerville WMA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!! Congrats to you and your boy. Now that’s the real trophy. Making memories with your children is the best. Took my daughter out there last year and had a blast. She’s all pumped and ready to go again this year.

Comment

Good job, guys. Never an easy hunt, but there are really good deer out there if you can find them.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
        Nice!! Congrats to you and your boy. Now that’s the real trophy. Making memories with your children is the best. Took my daughter out there last year and had a blast. She’s all pumped and ready to go again this year.
        It was a hard sit and plenty of(Ok bubba quiet) lol but when she walked out he was the first one to see her crossing the creek but then the deer fever hit and he was shacking before I was able to get the shot off but he got it together and was able to get her to come into range and let the xbow rip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats to you and ur lil dude meat in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
            Me and the boy sealed the deal on a old slick head this morning

Awesome, we saw one doe while parking, two bucks during the am sit (One looked close 13" but too many branches to chance it.), and two does on the way out. It's getting hot!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m hunting some private lands in Brazos Co this weekend for Youth Rifle. We’ve had numerous good studs come by paired up still. These deer aren’t ready to rut as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going to try and get out this coming week to hunt some more hopefully. All depends when I get paid lol. gotta have gas money

Comment

Do you guys feel like there is more deer movement on the Nails creek side than Yegua?

I haven't hunted out there in years but don't have a lease option this year so will be giving it a try. I know the answer is scout and will be doing that and hunting mid week mostly. Just looking for a starting point.

Comment

I haven't seen one deer at nails this year. but both those places are so dang big

Comment

Saturday PM sit we had 4 deer, probably does at 40 yards minutes before last shooting time. This morning we had 7 doe at 10 yards, but the **** ladder stand wouldn't shut up and I ended up spooking them trying to turn around. Good weekend all in all though. Definately on the deer finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                        I haven't seen one deer at nails this year. but both those places are so dang big
                        And ya gotta hunt more then 3 time lol

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                          Saturday PM sit we had 4 deer, probably does at 40 yards minutes before last shooting time. This morning we had 7 doe at 10 yards, but the **** ladder stand wouldn't shut up and I ended up spooking them trying to turn around. Good weekend all in all though. Definately on the deer finally.

Def had a good moment this weekend idk if it cause the acorns are finally gone so they have to moive around now to find it or this front got them alil frisky just not much of a buck moment or rut happening starting to see a few scraps in our areas now just glad I got the slick head yesterday now it's time for horns let's pray for alil rain rrhis week but not a down pour

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            Do you guys feel like there is more deer movement on the Nails creek side than Yegua?

I haven't hunted out there in years but don't have a lease option this year so will be giving it a try. I know the answer is scout and will be doing that and hunting mid week mostly. Just looking for a starting point.
                            I sat all weekend on Yegua side heard and saw pigs but no deer. I wasn’t taking a hog and dragging that out solo.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                              And ya gotta hunt more then 3 time lol

I've hunted more than 3 times lol. been about 6 or 7 times.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post

Man that sucks. I usually bounce around on my stand a little bit once I’m locked in to make sure everything is settled and tight so there won’t be any mishaps like that although it still happens from time to time. Good that you’re on the deer now though.

Comment

Working...
                                X