Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok peeps.....ranger, defender, or mule???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok peeps.....ranger, defender, or mule???

Always been a ranger crew guy. True and true. But I'm hearing the hype on the new can am and Kawasaki. What's yalls thoughts? I'm fixing to buy one or the other. Hate to try something new when I know the ranger will work. Keep In mind....I haul a lot of weight and put 400 hours a year on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD Gator 825i.

Comment

We have all 3 and my favorites go: Ranger, Mule, Defender.

The Ranger is just a great machine and always has been. I feel like their reputation speaks for itself and you know what you're getting when you buy one.

The newer Mule's are very nice and have come a long way. I don't like the backseat/bed conversion, but the machine runs just fine. It basically comes down to me just liking the look and performance of my Ranger over the Mule.

We recently got a Defender for the deer lease and it's by far my least favorite. It's huge (very wide and bulky) and doesn't perform near as well on the rocky hills. There's a lot of give in the gas pedal and you basically jerk around the entire way to the top of our place. The engine seems louder than the other two as well. The only thing I like about it is the tray on the dash to put stuff, however thing still slide off of it because it isn't very deep.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either the Ranger or Mule. Just comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Mule pro fxt.

Comment

I own a ranger 900, but for hunting I like the mule pro fxt better...

Comment

Test drove ranger, defender, and mule. In my opinion, the mule has a far better ride compared to the other two. The defender had a bit more power, but not a deal breaker considering what these machines are built for. If i wanted more power than the mule id just get a Maverick. The overall build quality of the mule seems better too. However, the mule does lack storage when compared to the other two, especially the can-am. I chose a 2018 Pro FXT since mule's just seem to be the most reliable and are of better build quality.

Comment

Kawasaki mule pro fxt handles down! 3 year warranty and an actual alternator sold me. Owned a few Polaris utvs, Kawasaki builds a much better machine.

Comment

Have owned the Rangers and have a Defender. Best friend has an FXT. I would go Defender, Mule, Ranger.

Comment

I asked same question a few months back see below for some good info... We went with Mule and its been great, work horse, smooth ride, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    JD Gator 825i.
                    This. I love mine

Comment

What about the Yamaha Viking? I've been thinking about those.

I'll be following

Comment

Mule

Comment

The Mule Pro line is a GREAT machine. I like them quite a bit better than the Rangers. But I've got no real issue with the Rangers either.

Comment

Gator HPX

Comment

Mule owner here.

Comment

Working...
                              X