Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirteen Vol. 2

"The Prodigal Son Returns"

For those of you who followed along last season I was chasing an old non-typical Buck here in Montgomery County named Thirteen. He had around 17 scorable points and I did not get on this deer until the last two weeks of the season. Hunted long and hard but just couldn't get the Stars to align..
    Fast Forward to September 2017: Began running a cam on a different area of the property with easier access. Hopefully this helps with not bumping deer on the way in and out. After a month of pictures and very little buck activity I determined he obviously did not live on this property but it WAS his fall range.
    Friday night one of the big 10 pointers showed up on corn and really got things heated up.. Hes a 140ish 4yr old I call Biggie Smalls and with any luck Alexis will get a crack at him with her crossbow.
    Sooo.. Last night I was sitting in my chair watching Lonesome Dove with my lady when all hell broke loose.. Phone goes off and I opened my wireless app, at 8:50pm there stands the deer that has consumerd my thoughts during the entire offseason! He's really showing his age, I believe him to be 7.5+ at this point. Rack is very similar to last season without much growth, just a big old East Texas Bruiser of a deer! It's game time and I'm relieved to have him show up so early in the season. Surely he will make a mistake or two in the coming weeks and I intend to be on stand when he does..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

good luck sir, keep it updated

Comment

Glad to see him back for round 2. This time you have a lot more time...the ball is in your court. Go get em!

Here is the link to the original thread from last season if anyone missed it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I hope you get him this time.

Comment

Good luck! I am IN on this one too.

By chance, did you find any sheds from the bucks you have been chasing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get em! Stud for sure.

Comment

been waiting on this, awesome man!! will be following along

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Tagged. I loved following this one last year. Hope you catch up with him this season.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                      Good luck! I am IN on this one too.

By chance, did you find any sheds from the bucks you have been chasing?

No sheds, its a small property and the deer venture off in spring/summer..

Comment

Good luck! Following along again!

Comment

Hot diggity!!!!!! Good luck!

Comment

"Biggie Smalls"

Comment

Yessssss!!!! He looks better this year. Better get to hunting!

Comment

Working...
                              X