No announcement yet.

Anyone for some tuna action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent - welcome aboard Boys!!!! Each one of these trips is an absolute experience.......memories you never forget. And the crew and company, Salty and Fun!

ONO Steak

ONO meets PONZU

Comment

AHI steaks quick seared in Peanut Oil....unbelievable eats!

Comment

We had FOUR FISH Yellowfin tuna hooked up at the same time here. Glen is starting to feel the burn and as we watched this multi-hooked up tuna circus, we noted a big fish bashing Glen's tuna. A 600 to 800 lb plus class blue marlin, swimming and attacking the hooked tuna over and over. The image of this scene was simply unreal......a 70 - 80lb class Yellowfin tuna with a Blue Marlin trying to kill and eat this hooked fish. Needless to say......the marlin won, tuna lost and the visual scene of that image burned into memory for life!

Comment

The multi-hookup Yellowfin circus....with a Blue Marlin attacking Glen's fish scene. Burnadell felt the burn.....everyone felt the burn. These fish fight like no other and they never stop, even on deck, they fight till you kill them. Gladiator crap.......plain and simple.

WHEN THE FEEDER GOES OFF......100 - 200LB Tuna leaping 6 - 8 ft out of the water, hammering flying fish at 40 - 50 miles per hour. The visual scene and sound of this, with dozens upon dozens of these Pelagic beasts on a topwater feed, at night, in the dizzying lights of deep floaters in 3000 - 9000 ft of water, it's unreal! Massive geysers of water, the sound of thundering tuna bodies re-entering the ocean from leaps, missed hits on topwater, with explosive rings and or holes in the ocean, big enough to park a dually in......it's simply unreal. Really, there isn't anything else like this....as so many here have experienced.

After the battle

Comment

And time and time again, we see Marlin attacking baits, bills striking the Ocean surface on feed....sunrise is always interesting. Barracuda and Mahi........with Mahi jumping with Tuna, Cuda slashing and cutting. The upper column becomes a show of it's own.

Each trip, has a different experience. Even the bait attracted to the lights, free swimming squid and balls of fish circling a chunk of cut blackfin tuna....as the bait slowly drifts down through the water column.

I scored my largest Mahi to date at night, drifting a chunk of fresh cut blackfin tuna. A small bait ball of fish, as the hook and bait settled down near a drill ship, attracted a world-class bull Dorado. He attacked the bait ball which had my hook, centered in the middle of that bait ball. The fight lasted about 30 minutes and he pulled hundreds of yards of line off my 2 speed, most of it in the air. Leaps literally up to 8ft and runs that poured line off the reel. He measured out 5'3" inches in length. The memory of this fight at night, in the lights, running from the front to back and up front to back again, over and again till the gaff........just unreal.

You never know what's going to hammer the bait. Swordfish, marlin....they are all part of the game offshore and the odds are there. This trip....I'm soaking for swordfish deep, lights, swordfish bait - the works.
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 10-10-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

WHEN THE FEEDER GOES OFF......100 - 200LB Tuna leaping 6 - 8 ft out of the water, hammering flying fish at 40 - 50 miles per hour. The visual scene and sound of this, with dozens upon dozens of these Pelagic beasts on a topwater feed, at night, in the dizzying lights of deep floaters in 3000 - 9000 ft of water, it's unreal! Massive geysers of water, the sound of thundering tuna bodies re-entering the ocean from leaps, missed hits on topwater, with explosive rings and or holes in the ocean, big enough to park a dually in......it's simply unreal. Really, there isn't anything else like this....as so many here have experienced.
              This is poetry...

Comment

Well, AWRIGHT, AWRIGHT, AWRIGHT!!! The shaming worked! We have a full crew and a couple of new recruits to "catch the bug".

WARNING: You are at risk of being infected with the "disease" from this band of sickos!

Comment

Can’t wait for this! Looking forward to making new friends and seeing some old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so ready to fish but not ready to go- gotta sharpen knives. Tried sushi with a boat knife last month and my trash knives are sharper- have not even packed tackle

Comment

Anybody still have any "Green Horn" helmets left?

Comment

I think Randy put the helmet on Garca and nobody has seen either since they rode off in the sunset

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Well, AWRIGHT, AWRIGHT, AWRIGHT!!! The shaming worked! We have a full crew and a couple of new recruits to "catch the bug".

WARNING: You are at risk of being infected with the "disease" from this band of sickos!
                          I had that bug from 1989 to 1999. I managed to get over the sickness and only go deep sea about once every 2-3 years. Not an easy thing to do!

It's a very contagious sickness and very hard to overcome. I can't wait to be on the seas again

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            i think randy put the helmet on garca and nobody has seen either since they rode off in the sunset
                            lmao!!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

this will be my first real deepwater trip...so y'all go easy on me. from the pictures and the write up from past excursions, gonna be fun. Love to fish, just spend more time hunting than fishing. Like riverrat1, i will be getting the rookie stuff and figuring out what to take between now and next week.

Comment

Sunscreen, Sunglasses, small sleeping bag, cooler to carry fish home in

Comment

Working...
                                X