No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in. I need to get to my small family farm outside Cayuga (Anderson county) and get things rolling. Plan to do that in the next few weeks. My wife and I welcomed a baby this year and my time at the farm has been severely reduced. I haven't run cameras yet and don't have any corn in feeders. Can't wait to see what we have this year....

Comment

East Tx

Love East Texas hunted near Douglass 20+years ..the Drive through Houston to get there finally made me get off...not the miles the crazies..Best of Luck to you guys...

Comment

Already have pictures of 1 in the 150-s and 1 in the 160s! It's going to be an amazing year for east Texas.

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in! Been in the middle of selling a house this summer so I am behind the game but ready to get some cameras out and see what is around this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              I'm in! Been in the middle of selling a house this summer so I am behind the game but ready to get some cameras out and see what is around this year.

I'm your home inspector when you buy a new one! [emoji16] Just finished up the schooling and started my own company Southern Quality Home Inspections.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                I'm your home inspector when you buy a new one! [emoji16] Just finished up the schooling and started my own company Southern Quality Home Inspections.

I will keep you in mind, we are working on a piece of land to build on right now though. My future sis in law just started as a real estate agent in the Conroe area maybe she can send some business your way. Shoot me your info and I will pass it along

Comment

I got my Flash Light Ready!

Comment

I am in Van Zandt County. Hunt about 100ac. We see a few deer. Really hoping to see hogs this year. Going to move a couple stands this weekend and put feeders up. Would love to find another lease close with a lot of hogs. hope to run some cameras this year too.

Comment

Family land in Harrison County North of Waskom. 40 acres surrounded by paper company leases and outlaws. I'm lucky to see deer. Trying something different this year. Put 2 corn feeders on the property in JAN. Been running them all year long. Just letting it grow up this year except mowing the fence row and a couple of right-of-ways so we can get around better. Have a 15' ladder stand in a small opening I mowed out in June and a box sitting on a pipeline for rifle hunting. Live in Killeen so I only make it up there 5-10 times during hunting season.

Comment

Checking in from northwest Polk County west of Corrigan. We are in our 36th season on the same ground. Wet Spring & Summer has us concerned about another bumper acorn crop-potentially hindering effectiveness of baited corn and food plots. Also like others have mentioned, after seeing fewer hogs last season our population has exploded again.

Just looking forward to being perched in my bow stand or with my rifle in my "Pulpit in the Pines".

Comment

Im still in Houston Trinity and Leon Cos. we passed a BUNCH of 6 year olds last year.. Not getting a lot of pics right now over corn but i have seen them.. Holy moly what it year this is shaping up to be. Passing those deer sure turned out to be the right thing.

Edit....i just cant bring myself to post pics.i sure got Burned a couple times.

Comment

Cass County for us. Our 200 acres is starting to show more deer on camera. Had some good bucks on camera last year, at night. I did not hear of any neighbors taking great ones, so I believe they survived. Acorns just mean it is easier to find trees to hunt . Looking to a good year. have not killed a deer in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Im still in Houston Trinity and Leon Cos. we passed a BUNCH of 6 year olds last year.. Not getting a lot of pics right now over corn but i have seen them.. Holy moly what it year this is shaping up to be. Passing those deer sure turned out to be the right thing.

Edit....i just cant bring myself to post pics.i sure got Burned a couple times.
                              Let the haters hate. I enjoy seeing your pics of those East Texas swamp donkeys. I am just ready for them to shed already so we can see what deer we will have hanging around for the season.

Comment

Was out working on things this past weekend, and the weekend before... saw some beautiful bucks, but absolutely NONE are coming to feeders... all HOGS!! Last year we had a lot of deer hitting the feeders mainly I think because our hog numbers were WAY down due to all the flooding from the previous year+... The hogs are back with a vengeance! I knew it would be this way so not surprised... Had 3 sows and one lone boar hitting one spot last year... When those sows dominoed with their litters, those 4 hogs turned into 30!! That same thing happened all over our property!

Also, already see a lot of "akerns" too... gonna be a tough hunt this year in Liberty County! Gonna have to get out there and mix it up a bit. A bit early to try to establish a pattern or location for specific deer just yet. I had some good 'uns that we let walk last year... I'm in hopes they'll resume their similar patterns from the year before. Got me a sack full of new cameras and will start scatterin' 'em out soon as I see hard horned deer when I'm out riding around or when the ones behind my house start showing up hard horned...

I'm looking forward to hunting along with you guys this year again. Gonna be my second year since '76 to hunt deer in East Texas... Let's Git-er-dun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X